Mandrel Exhaust Systems

ricardoa1

I got my kit in. Along with my mufflers. I wish these guys were around when I did the exhaust on my 94.

Details Are.......

Mandrel Exhaust Systems 89-95 THUNDERBIRD EXHAUST TUBING KIT
SKU: 2721025
Fits 89-91 Mercury Cougar XR7 3.8L (wide gas tank)
Fits 89-91 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L (wide gas tank)

Mandrel Exhaust Sytems Universal
MANDREL BEND MULTI PACK 2.5 INCH ALUMINZED .083 WALL - 3.75 CLR WITH 6 INCH LEGS

Magnaflow #11386
5x8" OvalBody-14" Body w/ 2.5" Inlet/Outlet w/Tru-X Core- Dual-Dual

Two
Pypes Race Pro Stainless Steel Mufflers
MRV13
14" 2½" offset/ 2½" center 472cfm Straight Thru Flow

ExhaustAnny011.jpg

ExhaustAnny005.jpg

ExhaustAnny006.jpg

ExhaustAnny007.jpg

ExhaustAnny009.jpg

ExhaustAnny010.jpg

Last edited:
Resonator looks like magnaflow and the mufflers look to be pypes. Can you give some part numbers and keep us posted on how it sounds, maybe even a sound clip :)

Resonator looks like magnaflow and the mufflers look to be pypes. Can you give some part numbers and keep us posted on how it sounds, maybe even a sound clip :)

Updated the first post. No sound clips till i get this car running it will be a while I think.

yes, part number on resonator?

i orderd the same pipes and that resonator fits like a glove.

let me know

dude, awsome find on the mandrel exhaust company! really cool that they have some obscure stuff. I was planning on getting the magnaflow cat/resonator kit that is a direct bolt in for up front, but that comes with the dual in single out magnaflow resonator.... how do you guys usually make the downpipes? if i go and make custom downpipes and get rid of the 90* cats i can pick up alotta power. or does anyone have any sound clips or feedback on deleting the cats and putting a magnaflow muffler in place of the resonator? i do not want this thing to sound tinny or ricey.
i have factory from resonator up.... and a flowmaster direct bolt in catback. it sounds good, but i know its restricted at those cats.

Looks like all the issues they had with these kits are resolved judging by the thread over on TCCoA. And yes, if you're going to spend $103 per muffler, you might as well get the Borla's.

Also, most guys have custom downtubes made. As for replacing cats, I wouldn't do it. In my opinion, no cats at all sounds way too ricey on these cars.

Rico, the setup looks good. I know I'll be pulling the trigger on buying one of their stainless kits for the '95 soon.

-Corey

Last edited:
I'd wait and see what it looks like when he's got it installed. I wasn't happy with how low the kit hung down (as delivered), and I had to make a bunch of changes to get it tucked up properly. Others don't seem to mind.

I started THIS post over a year ago.

dang....decent looking system and the price is unmatched.

I like my system, but if I had to do it again, I'd def. consider this route. I think I paid nearly 120 for all my mandrel bends alone. Heck, you can get this set-up in stainless for a hair under $200. Great buy IMO.

What happen to the budget exhaust? Not spending much money on mufflers?

Ken

The stock system was not going to cut it Ken with a single 2.5" mid-pipe.

As far as the mufflers they are the cheapest thru-flow design in SS out there. I dont know how to get a good set up cheaper then this, that also does not require some time putting it together.

The stock system was not going to cut it Ken with a single 2.5" mid-pipe.

As far as the mufflers they are the cheapest thru-flow design in SS out there. I dont know how to get a good set up cheaper then this, that also does not require some time putting it together.

Good deal, post some pictures of it installed;)

Ken

What are you gonna do for tailpipes?

I need to see where I land to decide, But the two universal 45deg bends fit the mufflers so I can angle/cut them to make tailpipes. I think I am short two sets of 45deg for this purpose. I only got the multipack because Fraser got it and it worked for him. But I think Three sets of 45s and two straights is all that I would have needed.

Two
Pypes Race Pro Stainless Steel Mufflers
MRV13
14" 2½" offset/ 2½" center 472cfm Straight Thru Flow

ExhaustAnny011.jpg

ExhaustAnny005.jpg

ExhaustAnny006.jpg

ExhaustAnny007.jpg

ExhaustAnny009.jpg

ExhaustAnny010.jpg

Rico,
I have pypes mufflers on my black sc, but can't remember if they are mvs13s or mvr13s. It helps when one someone I work with is related to one of the owners. :D

Ken

Back