Well, My SC is going down the road...

MustangJake88

...it's been leaking oil pretty badly lately. Well, I got under the car today to change the oil, and while I was going for the drain plug, noticed that all of the oil is coming from the rear of the motor where the transmission bolts up. Guessing it's the rear main seal leaking. Then, was checking out the front of the motor. I posted a thread a couple weeks back about my power steering pump...thinking the rattling sound I heard coming from the motor was the little wobble the pulley had in it...well, that's not the case. Listen to this...

...looked at the front of the motor. One of my bolts that hold my harmonic balancer pulley on sheared off and now it's stuck in the harmonic balancer and my pulley is only held on with 3 bolts. Now the clattering sound is unbearable. The car is sitting for now. I don't know when I am going to fix it, but when I do, I am calling off my plans to put exhaust on the car and I am just selling it. I can't keep up with it right now with only being on unemployment. I'll stick with my always reliable 4 banger Mustang 5 speed. So yeah, anyone interested in a Super Coupe in great shape, has the last B&M Ripper shifter from SCP installed and it's got a cold air intake as well. It runs very well. Just has the oil leak. Has brand new Motorcraft platinum plugs and new brake pads. So I will post up when the car is fixed, and if anyone is interested, shoot me a price. I will cut you a deal ;)

don't sell it, park it!

shoot, I'm unemployed and I got mine together for pretty cheap.
If it frustrates me like that I just park it for a while.
You should have a backup vehicle with an sc anyways:p
My DD is a turbo Voyager, because it is so easy to work on, downtime is not more than a day-that's to fix the tranny or swap bearings or something.
I always regretted selling my 89 anyway..
/.02

how much and do you have pics?
After I get it fixed I will probably let it go for around $1800-2000. I know SC's don't really hold their value so I don't wanna ask too much. I think in that price range is pretty reasonable for a good running car with a B&M Ripper, new brakes, fresh oil change, and a cold air kit. The car is very clean. Interior is spotless. I'll post up pics if you wanna see them.

shoot, I'm unemployed and I got mine together for pretty cheap.
If it frustrates me like that I just park it for a while.
You should have a backup vehicle with an sc anyways:p
My DD is a turbo Voyager, because it is so easy to work on, downtime is not more than a day-that's to fix the tranny or swap bearings or something.
I always regretted selling my 89 anyway..
/.02
Well, I MIGHT keep it if I can get it fixed, but I really want another 5.0 Mustang convertible. It's really bothering me that I sold mine last summer because it was a limited run car and they only made 4,100 of them. But I am gonna drive my 2.3 Mustang for now. I'll probably end up keeping the Bird if I can't get any buyers.

Keep bird turbo 4 banger:O)..EVRYONE has a 5.0..
That's the plan. I am looking for a clean foxbody roller right now. My uncle has a fully rebuilt 2.3 turbo motor he is going to sell me for 700 bucks. It's bored .30 over, converted to roller cam, adjustable cam pulley, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 36lb injectors, rebuilt IHI turbo, and a few other things. It will definitely be a fun project! :cool:

but I really want another 5.0 Mustang convertible. It's really bothering me that I sold mine last summer because it was a limited run car and they only made 4,100 of them.

It wasn't a 92-93 Feature Car was it? These came in bright (Vibrant) red in 92, and bright white and yellow in 93. Or, the 7 Up cars which came in green with white interior.

I've got the 92 Vibrant Red covertible in 5 speed :p .

It wasn't a 92-93 Feature Car was it? These came in bright (Vibrant) red in 92, and bright white and yellow in 93. Or, the 7 Up cars which came in green with white interior.

I've got the 92 Vibrant Red covertible in 5 speed :p .
You lucky sum beotch! I have been wanting a 92 forever now. Mine was a 7-Up car. Was in pretty good shape too. Should have never sold it :(

:p

untitled.jpg

The one on the left is mine at carlisle two years ago months after buying it in VA. Hasnt given me MUCH trouble...just some...I had to change battery, alternator and diagnose a burnt out fusable link, and replaced radiator...but those are all easy fixes. I've bought the top for it b/c it REALLY needs it...but as you can see my sig...my time is taken up by other projects too...but i'm definatelly changing the top this summer and swapping a sensor for the airbags. I've only put about 4k on it since I bought it.

If I may give you some humble advice. Just like the Feature stangs, the SC is probably going to be a collectible so hang on to it. If you will be in the market for one of these check out www.triplewhitefox.com and always, at the top of the page are listed the feature cars for sale on ebay.

:p

untitled.jpg

The one on the left is mine at carlisle two years ago months after buying it in VA. Hasnt given me MUCH trouble...just some...I had to change battery, alternator and diagnose a burnt out fusable link, and replaced radiator...but those are all easy fixes. I've bought the top for it b/c it REALLY needs it...but as you can see my sig...my time is taken up by other projects too...but i'm definatelly changing the top this summer and swapping a sensor for the airbags. I've only put about 4k on it since I bought it.

If I may give you some humble advice. Just like the Feature stangs, the SC is probably going to be a collectible so hang on to it. If you will be in the market for one of these check out www.triplewhitefox.com and always, at the top of the page are listed the feature cars for sale on ebay.
Sweet man. I'll check that out! Oh, and nice car :cool:

send pics of the SC if you decide to get rid of it. Only 95 miles from you. birdofprey97 at gmail.com
Well man, it's yours if you are really interested. It is no longer driveable. 3 out of 4 bolts snapped off inside the harmonic balancer. Shoot me an offer if you are really interested. The car ran fine before the balancer problem. It will have to be trailered home. Here's some pics...
l_1d613aacbd264000bdbfe2bad02abcdc.jpg

l_be703dccfb884174a1eee4175826bd7c.jpg

l_5dacba634d1c44fa8bf416ecf98e4244.jpg

l_53d72ac35b9349abb1eb282f2391cf7b.jpg

and on a side note, the car needs tires. The fronts have some tread but the rears are pretty much junk.

Wow really clean car to dump it over a broken harmonic balancer. Buy a BHJ or get a used one in the WTB section and motor on.

-Tim

+1. if i was home i would drive up there with a balancer and a buddy, install and drive both back. balancer isnt a big issue at all. fix that puppy! do you have a welder handy? try welding a nut onto the broken bolt, atleast one to get the balancer off. what were you doing trying to pull the balancer with the pulley on it in the first place?

+1. if i was home i would drive up there with a balancer and a buddy, install and drive both back. balancer isnt a big issue at all. fix that puppy! do you have a welder handy? try welding a nut onto the broken bolt, atleast one to get the balancer off. what were you doing trying to pull the balancer with the pulley on it in the first place?
The pulley wasn't on it. I was just trying to pull the balancer out. Thanks for the offer though. I think a got a guy coming tomorrow to pick up the car. I might buy another SC later on down the road when I have more time and money to spend on one.

Dang, that was a clean looking sc man. Either way good luck wether you come back to sc's or get your self a feature stang!

Dang, that was a clean looking sc man. Either way good luck wether you come back to sc's or get your self a feature stang!
Thanks man. I'm sorry to hear you guys are disappointed I sold the car. I really liked the car, I just had no help trying to fix the balancer, and my uncle (who has an SC motor in a Mustang) told me the stock balancers are junky, and I would be better off spending the extra money (I didn't have) on a really good one. I was really bummed the day I sold the car. I didn't smile really the rest of the day. I will find another one sometime down the road. All in due time :cool:

Back