View Poll Results: Do you like a rear spoiler on a Super Coupe

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think they look good and would put one on it.

61 65.59%
  • Keep it stock

32 34.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Spoiler

Rear Spoiler

I am having a difficult time deciding whether to put a rear spoiler on my 95 SC. I like the looks of a spoiler but I also would like to keep my car the way it came from the factory. I could be wrong, but as far as I know the SC didn't come with a spoiler even as a option. I am interested to see what the poll reveals.

Mark

I just bought one for my 94 sc, i think it looks naked without a nice clean stock looking spoiler. although, i havent put it on yet, i may change my poll vote once i have it installed?

lol.

My car's appearance "credo" is this- i am making it how ford SHOULD HAVE.

Period specific ford design wheels (cobra r)
    Lowered 1.5 inches
    Stock spoiler
    Tinted windows
    Painted door handles & clear corners

Anybody who doesent know, would look at the car and assume it was stock. Good. I done it right :-)

i've seen some very nice spoiler's on birds, if its done right it looks exceptionally well, I have the cervinis hood and spoiler combo on my black 90 looks great IMO

Quote Originally Posted by scbird94 View Post
    My car's appearance "credo" is this- i am making it how ford SHOULD HAVE.

Period specific ford design wheels (cobra r)
    Lowered 1.5 inches
    Stock spoiler
    Tinted windows
    Painted door handles & clear corners
    The car pic in your avatar looks like my '94 opal frost. Mine has silver Cobra R's, Intrax 1.8" lowering springs, tinted windows and clear corners, almost everything on your list. I like the look of no spoiler and for the opal frost color I think it looks better with black door handles.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

I say keep it stock if you want to keep your car all original - even with a factory spoiler. I will not put one on my 94 SC .. keeping it stock looking. But for my 94 LX Tbird, I am up in the air, I have a spoiler on the trunklid to see if it grows on me before I commit to drilling holes.

- Dan

ah dont drill your trunk for a spolier . IMO they dont look right on any bird. I Have a "Solar Wing" on mine tho. I can get more too if you wanted one, i thought i had a pic on this computer, i think its on another one. ill post up when i get it.

ok got it, It came up dark on my screen, but i think its just mine. Let me know if you want a better shot. Hope this adds to the mix

Photobucket
    Last edited by KillSwitchNY; 03-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    The car pic in your avatar looks like my '94 opal frost. Mine has silver Cobra R's, Intrax 1.8" lowering springs, tinted windows and clear corners, almost everything on your list. I like the look of no spoiler and for the opal frost color I think it looks better with black door handles.

Is that what our color is called? never knew the actual name of it. Your car looks good, i like it.

My spoiler is sitting in box waiting for springtime (take car out of storage) and i was going to have the handles sprayed at the same time. I
    want to do some more digging before i commit to drilling holes, however.

Heres some more pics of my car:
    http://speedcraftac.com/members/dylanr/profile.html

Liking the look of that Solar Wing!

Where do you get one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8r View Post
    Liking the look of that Solar Wing!

Where do you get one of those?
    I bought mine from my job, it was a special order though. pretty expensive @ $140 but i had one on my 89 and other 95, i just really like it so price is whatever at this point.

Cool got 3 on my birds

Quote Originally Posted by killswitchny View Post
    ah dont drill your trunk for a spolier . Imo they dont look right on any bird. I have a "solar wing" on mine tho. I can get more too if you wanted one, i thought i had a pic on this computer, i think its on another one. Ill post up when i get it.

Ok got it, it came up dark on my screen, but i think its just mine. Let me know if you want a better shot. Hope this adds to the mix

photobucket
    keeps the sun off the back seat which stops the leather from spliting:d

I prefer the look of a spoiler. I agree with the comment about the SC's looking naked without one.

Here's a picture of my '95 with a spoiler. My '94 is pretty much exactly the same but with 18in Bullitts rather than Cobra R's.

-Corey

i put an SHO spoiler on mine. i LOVE it! spoilers on all cars!

Quote Originally Posted by 95_XR7 View Post
    I prefer the look of a spoiler. I agree with the comment about the SC's looking naked without one.
    -Corey
    Since the spoiler Mike put on the car had the 3rd brake light, his plan was to find a rear shelf out of a 96/97 T-Bird Sport model which had the 3rd light delete since the spoiler had one in it, he reasoned that you don't need 2 3rd brake lights plus the spoiler blocks the one. He never found one but right after he moved away I found one at the junkyard and removed it with intentions of sending it to him, never did and I still have it. Here's a couple pics of them side by side.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

thats good to have. looks neater

Question

I said before I don't like spoilers... But I actually remembered I saw the nascar style lip wing that looks really cool since it accents the factory body kit. Can't find them tho. I think xenon made them at one point

And since I mentioned my solar wing before. Last night durning a rain/wind storm I found out 1 side of the tape holding it on seperated and its just flapping away.