ported exhaust manifolds

92sclikenew

anyone looking to have there ported the price is $80 you pay shipping both ways

they are opened up just over 2 1/8th the side on the heads are cleaned up ill post pics of the head side if your interested.

here are some pics of my latest set im doing for a board member!

thanks for you time!

Attachments

• DSC03796.JPG
    DSC03796.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC03800.JPG
    DSC03800.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC03795.JPG
    DSC03795.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I guess now I am gonna have to heat and pull the studs along with heat and remove the piping so I can clean them up and do a good high heat ceramic type paint that gets baked on or some sort of powder coating.

These will open up the flow enough for me!

LOOKS GREAT!

I guess now I am gonna have to heat and pull the studs along with heat and remove the piping so I can clean them up and do a good high heat ceramic type paint that gets baked on or some sort of powder coating.

LOOKS GREAT!

the pipe and studs will be removed i sold the pipe to someone else.

Last edited:

LOOKS GREAT!

heres some pics of the lastest ones i did these are yours!

Attachments

• DSC03801.JPG
    DSC03801.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC03803.JPG
    DSC03803.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC03804.JPG
    DSC03804.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC03805.JPG
    DSC03805.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC03807.JPG
    DSC03807.JPG
    380.9 KB · Views: 126
now does the down pipe still self seal? i see just a tiny lip left of the ball/socket... maybe a 2 bolt stainless steel collector gasket would work if you flatten both sides of the collector enough?
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1022_1035_1068_1126

put a little high temp red RTV in there and let it dry and it wont leak!

pm'ing you back
in this pic you can see the top manifolds sealing surface it isn't that small.
attachment.php

Last edited:
now does the down pipe still self seal? i see just a tiny lip left of the ball/socket... maybe a 2 bolt stainless steel collector gasket would work if you flatten both sides of the collector enough?
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1022_1035_1068_1126

also the top pics were the manifold aint ported is also the one that is ported in the later pics took me around 3 hours to port just the one;)

that gasket may be a good idea for those that do have them done and have trouble getting them to seal!

ya I remember when I worked in a shop there was a manifold gasket that had a ring on it that slipped into the manifold and then it had a large beveled gasket material the down pipe would tighten against.

Something to think about IF it shows a problem. Not a worry right now. EASY fix later on if needed.

Lookin good, thanks for the pics!

BTW, going to thow these on without changing anything else for a comparison on boost numbers.
Some say I should see a decrease in boost which is actually a GOOD thing as it will really be a decrease in backpressure that is being mismeasured as boost.

Last edited:
ya I remember when I worked in a shop there was a manifold gasket that had a ring on it that slipped into the manifold and then it had a large beveled gasket material the down pipe would tighten against.

Something to think about IF it shows a problem. Not a worry right now. EASY fix later on if needed.

Lookin good, thanks for the pics!

BTW, going to thow these on without changing anything else for a comparison on boost numbers.
Some say I should see a decrease in boost which is actually a GOOD thing as it will really be a decrease in backpressure that is being mismeasured as boost.

that sounds good please if you can post of your findings! on a stock car i would expect it to drop 2 psi.

ill have them ready for new studs and the egr tube off for you.

Last edited:
I'll second that. Those may not seal up to well, it looks like there is not enough cone shape remaining to seal to the down tubes.

When I ported mine years ago, I was afraid to go over 2" because I was worried about there not being enough lip to seal to the down tubes.

i think there is enough. to seal. you only lost about 1/2 the sealin surface...

i don't know if the 2psi drop was right i was just guessin.. sorry.. i assumed maybe 1 psi on a side since they are opened a lot..

Last edited:
i think there is still a fair amount of cone left to seal up..

i have yet to try and see if it would..

Attachments

• DSC03817.JPG
    DSC03817.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 61
Back