Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After new dis and new crank sensor... still no spark!!!

After new dis and new crank sensor... still no spark!!!

Ok I put in a new DIS and a new crank sensor and there's still no spark. Actually it sparked once and then never after that. What the hell? Any ideas? Maybe cam shaft senor? How do you put that in? Do you just pretty much plug it in or what? Thanks in advance.

If you disconnected the cam sensor, it would still start once in a while.

Checked fuse?

Check the ignition fuse in the box under the hood,30amp,I think.I had the same problem on my 90 Sc--replaced crank sensor,DIS--still no spark--found blown fuse,replaced fuse and no problem.
    Good luck,
    z

But it did spark once. It wouldn't of sparked if the fuse was blown!!!. What do you think?

K i checked the fuse and they're all fine. So does this mean its the cam sensor then? What else could it be? Please help.

EEC power relay? Check your power distribution box and try swapping a few relays around. Have you tried to pull any codes?

Sure it would spark once, right before the fuse blew!

You may need to replace the coil pack, that is the next culpret.

The upshift light is still staying on during cranking. Does this mean that the crank sensor is still screwed or what?

Re-Check the position

The position of the sensor has to be just so...I have seen other posts similar where re-positioning it made the difference...

Good luck..

Just did a voltage test. And no volts are getting to the sensors. What would this be from?

With the Key On, the Red/lite-Green wire at the crank sensor (pin 4) and cam sensor (pin 4) and DIS (pin 1) should be +12V. Check the 30A fuse in the power distribution box under the hood. If still no volts, check your ignition switch.

There's no voltage getting to the sensors. XR7 Dave said to check the EEC power relay and a fuse near the starter solenoid. Does this ring any bells?

Absolutely.. The EEC power relay is inside the Integrated Relay Control Module (IRCM) which is bolted to the frame just in front of the air cleaner. Not sure if its servicable; you could try bypassing it with a jumper wire to test it. Don't have my wiring diagrams handy to tell you exactly how to do that, so let someone know if you need one.

Belay that comment... check the fuse.. the wiring diagram says that you should have 12 at those pins with the ignition switched on.. if you don't its not the EEC power relay.

K we got all the voltage back and there's 12 at the crank sensor and cam sensor. So its the eec then? Where the hell is that under the hood? Couldn't find it. Thanks