I gotta bring some sadness to the forum...

SCmeFly

Well, I very rarely post on here since I sold my SC in August 2005. However, I just had to come by and share something I found this weekend:

supercoupe1.jpg

Yes, that is a 35th Anniversary sitting in an abandoned lot.

A little look into what I believe is the story on this car: In the neighborhood my ex girlfriend lives in, I was driving home late one night and through a relatively bad part of town I drove past a pristine 35th sitting on the side of the street when I had my SC, but it was too late at night for me to look for the owner. I only seen it sitting there once and never again. I remembered it because of how perfect the back bumper was on this car.

Fast forward to this weekend. I'm driving with my current GF through a semi bad part of town on the way to go look for apartments. Out of the corner of my eye I catch the back end of a 35th anny SC and yell out "WHOA, a 35th sitting in that lot." It's in an old auto body place that I used to drop cars off every now and then when I worked for Enterprise Rent A Car (03-04). It has since closed down. The last time I seen that pristine SC is around 02-03. So today I drove over and took a better look, and it's sure enough a complete 35th from what I can see. It's sitting on blocks with no wheels but the paint still looks decent and the pinstriping is all there.

I believe the garage that was there is moved to a different part of the city, so I'm going to try and get ahold of them and see who the owner may be. Man I'd love to get my hands on it and pray she's not too far gone. I didn't have any plans to get into another SC, but if I can save her from becoming one with the earth, I surely will.

Well, just thought I would share, let me hear your thoughts, or maybe you Pittsburgh folks might know whose it is/was????

you should see if they will sell it to you or give it to you

im sure you can get someone in the area to lend you a set of wheels to have it towed

if i were closer id let you use my spare set of wheels to move the thing around

If they are willing to sell it, and you dont want to buy it, please let me know. I would definitely go take a look at it.

I found who the owner was and left him a note, and to my surprise he called me! I'm probably going to look at it this weekend. He said he bought it from the south as a project and decided to go another route. It's been sitting for 5-6 years outside but I am hoping it's still salvageable.

crap I can tell you where three 35's are sitting in Fargo ND....

one is behind a dealership and the owner wont sell it because its a "collector" car...... :rolleyes: all that car is collecting is bugs and mice now.

the other two are sitting next to the river in a lot that used to have a car dealership.

now thats sad..

Here's one I saw locally in Roanoke. I parked next to it and just felt bad for her. I'm under the assumption the owners works at JC Penny's but would probably look like a fool asking a sales rep if they knew whos it was.

The body and interior have both been abused, badges were still present but thats about the only positives.

-Tim

Attachments

• 35th.jpg
    35th.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 275
This one is on some vacant house that seem to now been neglected. My hunch is that the owners passed away. I left notes on the mail box to see if the heirs get it but I didnt get a call..

Its even on the online map. :eek: its a real 5spd too.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 321
wow

its funny that you can see it from the map viewer. man that sucks to see all those 30th ann just sitting there with no love. jerry (red93sc) and i now of three sc around a 50 mile radius that are beat up but are still intact..

I finally got to see the car up close today:

The owner told me it had high miles and the body was "dinged up."

The body is straight as an arrow....

The miles? 49,8xx. Forty-nine-thousand.

The bad? Vandals cut the inspection stickers out of the windshield so water's been seeping into the dash/firewall/puddle on the floor. All the seats are in Decent shape, the inserts are a little dry and hard, the black is still surprisingly soft.

The two rear wheels are gone, but I found one of the 35th center caps laying in the weeds.

The alternator and top IC tube is gone, SC top is loose but there (No big deal.)

I'm going to call the guy tomorrow and "make an offer." It's still in too good of shape to let it rot away.

Oh yeah, and it's a 5-speed/sunroof car.

I was going through my phone and saw I still have the owners contact info. Would anyone be at all interested in buying the car? I'd love to but I just don't have anywhere to put it, as I'm already reserving my lone garage spot for an 03 Cobra in the next few months.

I can get ahold of the owner to try and set something up. It's really a shame to see this car rot away. They may not be a 70 Challenger, but you don't see 'em every day. And as you know, once they're gone, they're gone.

Back