Automatic Seat Belt 'Drive Belt'

Steve

Well after 12 years and 150,000 miles & three rebuilds my drivers side seat belt drive belt finally bit it. Motor & all are fine but I need a new 'rubber' drive belt. 1990 SC, anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one? Thanks!

Rubber drive belt? The only thing I can think of i s the metal belt inside the plastic cover. Can you be more specific? I have access to a complete passive restraint system and can get whatever you need.

Well, believe it or not, it's definately not metal....it is some type of rubberized polymer inside the circular plastic guide. I removed the drive motor and the circular plastic guides that the drive belt ride in. The drive belt (black) that pushes & pulls the seat belt lock (where the seat belt clicks into) was torn in two inside the motor. It had ripped in half at one of the square holes. It must have gotten bound up at the motor & the motor ripped it in two. This belt that rides inside the clear/opaque plastic circular holder is what I need. I hope this helps and you can help me with it! Not many parts here in Germany!!!:confused:

That's what I'm thinking of. The one in my 91 Base Bird is metal. Let me talk to my friend see how much she wants for it. I will let you know.

Back