Membership dues issues

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
First - I am sending any queries from other threads or emails here. Unfortunately, we get many emails every day on this topic, and looks like we have several threads going now on this as well. I can't send personal responses to everyone on this - please read below. If you have a question that is not answered, please feel free to post it. If your question IS answered below and you don't read this thread and ask the same question anyway - my apologies as we will not respond.

I wanted to update everyone on the membership dues situation. As many of you know, we're very far behind on getting these processed. All dues paid prior to about 1/1/2010 have been processed. Anything paid after 1/1/2010 has not. See this thread for more info - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82622

Here's where we stand -

- We have automated 95% of the dues processing at this point. The only part we have not yet automated (That we're aware of) is the assigning of new member numbers. This will stay a manual process right now, but will not hold up processing.
- The automated system will allow INSTANT forum upgrades if you pay via our automated system that handles Paypal. Currently, we will only accept PayPal. You still have the option to mail a check, but this will take longer to process as none of this is automated.
- We HOPE to have all outstanding memberships processed and the automated system in place by the end of May. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE! This is our plan.
- All memberships will be given one year from the date of processing, NOT the date they were paid.
- The automated system will allow a recurring membership payment, or a one-time. Anyone performing a one-time payment will receive notifications prior to their membership lapsing. Once lapsed, you will lose your benefits to the system AUTOMATICALLY. Once you pay back up, you will regain your benefits AUTOMATICALLY. No one will lose a member number - once assigned, these are for life.
- Anyone who is currently set up as a member but has not paid their dues in over a year will get a 30 day window to re-up their membership. You should receive a notification once we set this up. Your one month will be treated as a non-recurring membership in the system so you'll receive the standard notifications from our system and we can begin processing in the automated system.

So that's that. We apologize this has taken so long and we have no excuses. Hopefully once this issue is resolved and behind us, we can look to implementing new member features to the site and continue moving forward.

Finally, we do get requests for help. Thank you! We do put out feelers occasionally when we need help with a particular task. (See SC of the Month, for example.)

Thank you again for your patience. We truly are not trying to run a "shady" business. We are all in this for the love of these cars. Unfortunately, our personal lives sometimes get in the way and we don't get the opportunity to spend as much time as we'd like on SCCoA tasks.

I just paid with pay pal on the 24th, no instant upgrades here:confused: did I read that wrong or did it just get started yesterday when you posted this. My apologies if I did

Sorry, I should have made this clearer - re-reading what I wrote is definitely confusing.

Here's the original text from my post:
We have automated 95% of the dues processing at this point. The only part we have not yet automated (That we're aware of) is the assigning of new member numbers. This will stay a manual process right now, but will not hold up processing.

What I should have said was:
We have configured and tested the automated system; it will handle 95% of the tasks surrounding dues processing. The only part we have not yet automated (That we're aware of) is the assigning of new member numbers. This will stay a manual process right now, but will not hold up processing.

Later on in my post, I state:
We HOPE to have all outstanding memberships processed and the automated system in place by the end of May. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE! This is our plan.

So basically - we've tested the system. It works as intended. If all goes well, we'll have it in place and operational by the end of May - hopefully sooner. My recommendation to anyone looking to join is to hold off for now until we have the automated system in place. Thanks!

First - I am sending any queries from other threads or emails here. Unfortunately, we get many emails every day on this topic, and looks like we have several threads going now on this as well. I can't send personal responses to everyone on this - please read below. If you have a question that is not answered, please feel free to post it. If your question IS answered below and you don't read this thread and ask the same question anyway - my apologies as we will not respond.

I wanted to update everyone on the membership dues situation. As many of you know, we're very far behind on getting these processed. All dues paid prior to about 1/1/2010 have been processed. Anything paid after 1/1/2010 has not. See this thread for more info - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82622

Here's where we stand -

- We have automated 95% of the dues processing at this point. The only part we have not yet automated (That we're aware of) is the assigning of new member numbers. This will stay a manual process right now, but will not hold up processing.
- The automated system will allow INSTANT forum upgrades if you pay via our automated system that handles Paypal. Currently, we will only accept PayPal. You still have the option to mail a check, but this will take longer to process as none of this is automated.
- We HOPE to have all outstanding memberships processed and the automated system in place by the end of May. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE! This is our plan.
- All memberships will be given one year from the date of processing, NOT the date they were paid.
- The automated system will allow a recurring membership payment, or a one-time. Anyone performing a one-time payment will receive notifications prior to their membership lapsing. Once lapsed, you will lose your benefits to the system AUTOMATICALLY. Once you pay back up, you will regain your benefits AUTOMATICALLY. No one will lose a member number - once assigned, these are for life.
- Anyone who is currently set up as a member but has not paid their dues in over a year will get a 30 day window to re-up their membership. You should receive a notification once we set this up. Your one month will be treated as a non-recurring membership in the system so you'll receive the standard notifications from our system and we can begin processing in the automated system.

So that's that. We apologize this has taken so long and we have no excuses. Hopefully once this issue is resolved and behind us, we can look to implementing new member features to the site and continue moving forward.

Finally, we do get requests for help. Thank you! We do put out feelers occasionally when we need help with a particular task. (See SC of the Month, for example.)

Thank you again for your patience. We truly are not trying to run a "shady" business. We are all in this for the love of these cars. Unfortunately, our personal lives sometimes get in the way and we don't get the opportunity to spend as much time as we'd like on SCCoA tasks.

I joined in February and received my membership number yesterday,allowing me to finally see/post to certain sections of the forum. Thank You!

Works for me, its just alot better to get a reply other than we're working on it. Im sure that was why people were getting upset, not about the money or them thinking they would get ripped off. See you guys in the private sector:cool:

Good news

Dont forget about me.. would help alot to get into the forums .. since I am not a mechanic ..SO I can read about some of the gaps in my learning curve.
Craig in phoenix

how is it coming with the automated system?

I'm always the holdup. I have some outstanding manual work to do on dues mailed and the last of the old PayPal payments. I cannot speak for Pat, but I think he is just waiting on that final spreadsheet of member information from me and then he will setup the automated system. I'm trying to finish up my part, but have not been able to at this time. As soon as I can get a couple of free nights, I'll finish up and finally get our of the way of this process.

Hi George,

How is the new member dues sytem coming along? I am recently back into owning an SC, and I really want to rejoin SCCoA.

Also, I hope my old membership number is still available. I don't know if it will be, as I haven't been an active SCCoA member since the late 90's. :eek:

Regards,
Greg

Unfortunately, I know George has been busy with work and hasn't been able to catch up. Nothing more I can say about that.

Regarding membership numbers, those are "lifetime." Even if you're no longer a member, that's still your number. If you join back up at any time, you get the original number you always had.

Wondering when you guys are planning on letting people join again? i just bought a 92 a week ago and im planning on somewhat restoring it/getting it back on the road and I bet some of those member only threads would be a big help to me.

All I can say is we're one step closer to making this happen. All PayPal memberships are up-to-date, and we have a handful of checks that need to get processed.

Once that's done, we need to upload (Manually) a load of data to the server and we're done and the system will be turned on.

No dates at this time as I don't want to promise anything. I haven't seen the data yet to determine how long it's going to take to enter everything.

All I can say is we're one step closer to making this happen. All PayPal memberships are up-to-date, and we have a handful of checks that need to get processed.

Once that's done, we need to upload (Manually) a load of data to the server and we're done and the system will be turned on.

No dates at this time as I don't want to promise anything. I haven't seen the data yet to determine how long it's going to take to enter everything.

So I cant buy a membership till you upload the new stuff to the server?

Sorry, but this is the direction we decided to take. It would not be fair to people who paid months ago if we turned on the automated system and others were gaining access IMMEDIATELY versus someone that paid months ago.

I'm hoping to have this wrapped up soon. We're trying our hardest. Everyone has waited WAY too long - just give us a little more time so we can be done with this issue.

No updates and we are not there yet. As soon as I get free weekend to finish up the remaining memberships, Pat will get it setup.

Don't worry, I'll be posting everywhere once my task is completed.

No updates and we are not there yet. As soon as I get free weekend to finish up the remaining memberships, Pat will get it setup.

Don't worry, I'll be posting everywhere once my task is completed.

Great cant wait! Ill be paying the day the new system is put in!:D

Back