How do you like your SC lowered....

Lowered SC's Rake or Squat.

• Total voters

ricardoa1

Lets take some votes on Lowered SCs. Do you like them with a Rake or Squat...Notice leveled off is not an option ;)....Only applies to factory SC GFXs :cool:

Some sample pics that just happen to be my cars...

RakevsSquat.jpg

DSC02916.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer a little rake if anything, and not a fan of the rear dragging fo sure. But that comes from my days dreaming of muscle cars. I'm sure I could live with others. Though I always wanna little dish from my wheels anything else screams FWD to me for some reason.

As you know the blue has the Intrax springs but with all the weight redux the front lift up slighly. Sometimes it bothers me but sometimes it looks cool IMO, Like if i am constantly under WOT...Some folks like this squat look, Im not talking about a car with saggy springs. LXs cannot pull it off when the rear is lower the front it looks like it needs springs they need a rake. But SCs I think look ok with the squat.

And BTW I fixed the upside down spring issue, no noticeble change.

The black car has "stock" cut springs, One coil on the front and 3/4 of coil in the rear. By chance the front went lower then I anticipated. Left the car with a rake, which I think looks good also.....:confused::eek: I cant make up my mind I guess. Ride is about the same as stock, still gets a little floaty on the highway unless I put the suspension on firm. But rides good around town...the blue car is a spine breaker in comparison.

I like it level the best but choosing between the two options given, I would say raked. I cant stand the rear to be lower than the front. Looks like you are hauling around a couple of fat chicks that way:D

Well I gave in and put in another set of poly isolators and perches from Damon....Now the blue car has a rake also...doesnt look bad but much higher then I wanted....Ill post some pics sometime. Reason is that when I travel to events I load up the car and that sag gets pretty bad...Car jack spare wheels full tank also created a rubbing problem...And the car looks silly. So now i can load it up and it will probably level it out.

SANY0379.jpg
This is a pic of the trunk loaded up with tools and all my car trip stuff.

So two joe dirt cars in my driveway.

My car isn't a SC it is an LX. I dropped it 1.75 and will never go back. I agree it needs to be level. IMO larger tires(27) and lower is the perfect combo.
Alan

Mine is stock, and will probably stay that way. The roads around Denver will beat your car to death, these days. Also, there are dips all over the place.

But, I really like the look of lowered SCs. How is the ride affected? Mine's already pretty brutal on a rough road.

When you lower it you want stiffer spring to not bottom out all the time. The stock springs are stiff but not that stiff. If you get stiffer lowering springs I think you will be unhappy if you think stock is too stiff. If you get the softer aftermaket ones you will be bouncing all over the place and likely bottom out.....

Like the last set of photos the best.

Nice pair of cars Ricco.

With the lines of an SC I think the rear should be just a tad higher than the front.

IMHO, with 245/45R17's and 1.5" lowering springs is too low. They may look good at the expense of undercarriage components. Here in TX the land of huge speed bumps, parking lots can be a real pain with an SC dropped 1.5".

Last edited:
Thanks Charile.

The black car has 245/45/18s and 275/40/18s. About the same diameter as stock. ON the blue car I had to do it a little different, 245/45/18s in front and 285/40/18 in the rear. Only because Nittos only came in that size for the 285s they did not have a 275 size that matched the front.

The trick to making the stiffer springs comfortable is good tires. I have 94-95SC wheels with 245/55 tires.
Alan

It looks like I'll be keeping it stock. When I bought it, it had 245/50/16s on it. They looked nice, and the ride was pretty good too. But, they occasionally rubbed in the front. Now I have Falken 235/60/16s. They fill up the wheel wells a little better, and I guess they don't really affect the speedometer too much. The Falkens don't ride quite as nice as the BFGs I had before, but they are okay on smooth roads.

I think rake looks good, reverse rake just makes the car look saggy and I'm not a fan. I think I still prefer level though. And I like my cars slammed, wheel gap is the devil!

Back