there is a big thing lurking in my basement

ganuolfthegrey

Well in case ya don't know my car has been down for 6 month's know.
I have added 50 pound injectors/255 fuel pump/new o2' sensors/spark plugs
I got the car back together and found out wouldn't run.I also had a water leak sum where.Jim found it was the timing chain cover. so i am replacing the gasket.
I have bought a bhj balancer,new oil sender,new high volume melling pump,new power steering pump and lines that also went bad.new tires,rear toe compenstors,still need exhuast leak fixed,I BOUGHT A 95 S-PORTED BLOWER FROM A GOOD FREIND. I am also in the middle of repainting my trunk lid cobra spoiler,front bumper cover,mach 1 hood, then in september doin rear cover and roof.Then next summer engine get's pulled for rebuild.
these are going on the hood see pic's

Attachments

• Picture 672.jpg
    Picture 672.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 673.jpg
    Picture 673.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 675.jpg
    Picture 675.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 676.jpg
    Picture 676.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
here are the pics

Attachments

• Picture 660.jpg
    Picture 660.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 657.jpg
    Picture 657.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Picture 661.jpg
    Picture 661.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 662.jpg
    Picture 662.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 253
  • e1f5_2.jpg
    e1f5_2.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 135
oh and who ever painted the hood red before i got it.sucks ~~~ at painting.
cause it had more run's then a dude with the apple geen quicks

That's funny Jason because the guy who painted it has been in the business for many years and I thought did a good job on it. I wouldn't hesitate to take anything to him again.

And out of curiosity, how much of the work have YOU done on the car?

-Melon

75% of it jim helped me with some of it. I have no reason to make that stuff up. they where there that's why the front of the hood i had to go down so far.You may have not have noticed it. But if you looked at it right you could see them. I noticed it at the car wash when i was detailing the car. Other than that it was ok.

Last edited:
I dont think you should put the wing on. Thats just my opinion. ;)

Dude, seriously, it's like talking at a wall. we ALL have told him how hideous and useless it is since 2006, and the XXXXXXXXXX doesn't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say put it on. If Jason goes to the Shootout then I can use it as a bleacher. :D

It's your car so you can do as you please.

well i almost have the trunklid finshed sanding.Then i have the wing to sand so i can paint them this weekend. The hood and front cover won't be done until the car is running. Then in august im doing the rear cover and roof.

p.s I wouldn't talk ryan mister luggage rack. Or should i say grandpa where is your cane? plus as daune said it's my car and i like it and i didn't say you had to ride or drive in it.

well i almost have the trunklid finshed sanding.Then i have the wing to sand so i can paint them this weekend. The hood and front cover won't be done until the car is running. Then in august im doing the rear cover and roof.

p.s I wouldn't talk ryan mister luggage rack. Or should i say grandpa where is your cane? plus as daune said it's my car and i like it and i didn't say you had to ride or drive in it.

We're trying to save you some humiliation here dude... Seriously. Print out some pics of the spoiler mounted on the car, and ask people what they think. It looks hideous.

Umm... Grandpa? I drive a Mercury. Looking like Grandpa is the whole point. Why would I take the luggage rack off?

Haha i'm sorry I just can not picture you being a good painter... Not trying to be mean, but yeah.....

We're trying to save you some humiliation here dude... Seriously. Print out some pics of the spoiler mounted on the car, and ask people what they think. It looks hideous.

Umm... Grandpa? I drive a Mercury. Looking like Grandpa is the whole point. Why would I take the luggage rack off?

Ryan,

Jason is just tired of seeing that luggage rack fade in to the distance

So I'm still confused. What IS this "big" thing you speak of that is lurking in your basement and making your supercoupe look atrocious??

....Because I need to get my cars immunized from it....

i paint very well tankyou. oh and go play with your blown up motor. I like high school kids so amusing.

I am not on this forum to hang out with you people. only for part's and usefull infomation so if you have nothing to contribute that with worth something. don't talk to me that is all.

Jon has been out of college for a while now. That, and he can paint an entire car, and not just the parts visible from the exterior.

It is additionally obvious that you are not here for useful information based on your vehicle's state of disrepair, quality of workmanship, and your constant need to call Jim (the local SC expert) to save you everytime something breaks.

Your only purpose here is to use the page as a giant classified ad. You do not belong here, and have been banned 3 times before because of it.

I seriously take your outbursts into consideration, and reflect on what people are telling you.

The wing looks terrible by anyone's standards. How you have it mounted will do great at producing lift too. Even the ricers are going to make fun of you.

Back