Hey, Group buy on Magnum powers blower and inlets, cheap!!!!

lube70

:D

Hey folks, I'm back!!!! Anyway, talking to a guy from Magnum Powers and he is offering us a group buy on the blowers and intake plenum set-up at a good discount. As it is now, Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford is coming to Fords at Englishtown, N.J. to see the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club. I talked with the guy from M.P. and he offered to help get the ol'S.C. in better running order, (God, It's fast now!!!), anyhoo, both the plenum and the Magnaport or Magnaport II set up combo for $750 complete. This is a good deal.

Anyone interested, please e-mail me at

e-mail: Lube70@aol.com
call me : (973)277-4294

The Magnum Powers blowers offer a 60 horse increase over stock and better breathing. They also SOUND AWESOME!!!

All interested, check out the info in the links section under Magnum Powers.

All interested please post here or call and e-mail.

Thanks,

Happy S.C'ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don O'Neill, Jr.

President of the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club.

http://www.njtacc.com

Magnaport II

Hello,

I might be interested. I need to have mine re-built and that is a pretty good price. Do you know if that will work with the stock Throttle Body or will I have to get one of theirs?

Thanks,

Bob

You would have to send them your blower as a core, or pay them a core charge that would be refunded upon receiving your blower after the swap is complete.

I wonder if Bill knows about this.....:confused:

Good looking out Don. That's a great deal.

Anyway, These blowers look great. I got mine last week and it is pretty bad!~! .. Should have it running this weekend and will let everyone know, but I can only assume by the asthetics that it will prove to be some major gains...

But then again, I got the 90 MAFS & 85 TB, so I will be useless in asking exactly what the blower and plenum will do.

Anthony

I am probably interested in this as well, any chance on moving this thread to the "Group Buy" forum?

What other things are on the "Must Change" list if you go with these two items? And I'm assuming it is $750 + shipping?

Also, you put a 60hp gain, if I remember from their site, the gain was quite a bit less on the '94&'95 than on the '89-'93 and the price was rather less as well.

What are the RELATIVE HP increases on the '89-'93 and on the '94-'95 and is the price the same for the '89-'93 as for the '94-'95 and lastly, are the REQUIRED upgrades needed to install this stuff the same on the '89-'93 and on the '94-'95

Thanks,
Paul

--------------------

Okay, so I won't be lazy (I'm procrastinating, I move house tomorrow and I still have ALOT of packing to do)

Here is quick reference info that I grabbed of the magnumpowers page (these are assumptions regarding the group buy, please correct me if I'm wrong):

'89-'93 T-bird group buy should come with:

MagnaPort II and and the MagnumPowers Intake Plenum, actually horsepower gain should be substantial but are REALLY unclear as they depend significantly on the size of your exhaust, supercharger overdrive pulley (or not), MAF, etc etc

'94-'95 T-bird group buy should come with:

MagnaPort and a MagnumPowers Intake Plenum,
same deal as above

both systems appear to require a larger Throttle Body (up to $350) and I'm assuming a larger MAF? (wonder if you can cheat and use the MN12 upgrade?)

Looks to me that at $750 for the Magnaport(II) and the Intake Plenum an

'89-'93 SC is saving $198 ($948-$750) ???

and a

'94-'95 SC is saving $99 ($849-$750) ???

Hmm... at a savings of $198 it looks like a terrific deal... with the savings of $99 it is still a good deal, but I definately have to think about it more... especially after considering that we are looking at a minimum of another $500 between a larger Throttle Body and a larger MAF???

Please correct me if I'm I got anything wrong...

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
well, if this package deal includes the magnaport II no wait($945, with a core) deal with an MP inlet plenum($499), then 945+499=1444-750=a savings of $694!!!! but i think he is talking about you sending in your blower for porting, Magnaport II($450+$250 for the rebuild service=$700) plus the MP inlet plenum($499) thats 700+499=1199-750= a savings of $449!!! damn, even if this package didnt include the $250 for the rebuild, youd still be saving $199!!! this is a great deal!!!! unless i really screwed up here some where, and knowing me i probably did. i guess the only thing to do now is to call and ask!:D

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it or what you have, they are all great deals... Think of it this way. No matter what year your car is, the MP Inlet Plenum is $500.... Add $250 for porting (cheap) and the rest is gravy...

Plus you can't beat the bang for the buck...

Have fun all, I'll have mine in Thursday,
Anthony

You can use a stock throttle body on the Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum.

It will be a restriction but this allows you to spread out the cost of your purchases over time so you don't get hit with all the items at once.

Bill Evanoff

Hey, Group buy on Magnum powers blower and inlets, cheap!!!!

Let me get it straight I send them my 90 blower + $750 they send me MP II blower W/ MP plenum. Whats the turn around time 1 week 1 month ??? Where do I send my money/blower.

I might be interested... Thing is I can't afford downtime so I'd need to have the option of getting a 94/95 Magnaport blower/inlet without a core outright and send mine in later (of course paying a refundable core charge up front) Anyone know if you can get them powdercoated a different color other than the grey? I know the magnaport II's are repowdercoated... I was just curious if I could get it done in the cermachrome powdercoating instead of the grey (i'd be willing to pay a lil extra of course) I'll probably buy a top and tb at the same time as well...

all interested, PLEASE READ

:p

Hey, well, going to be making the final #'s for the deal. Anyone interested in this PLEASE call me at (973) 277-4294. It is a lot to answer all questions over the board and it's better to get a proper understanding of what you are getting.

So....

That's All Folks.....

Don

Info on Group Buy!!!!!! Deadline NOVEMBER 15th!!!

:D

OK folks, here's the final details...........

Blowers will be shipped on or before the 15th of November. The Costs are set according to the group buy. You Need to tell the people at Magnum powers that you are part of the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club.

The prices are set in the previous posts.

Any questions, please call me directly at (973) 277-4294.

You also need to call me to tell me you are psrt of the group Purchase.

Good luck

Don

I'm in, I will call you tomorrow.

Paul

'94 TBird 5-speed - TOTALLY STOCK!

(Until Monday 4 November when I'm going into a custom cat back 3" mandrill bent into dual something or anothers that flow well :) ) LET THE FUN BEGIN! :)

(hmm where did I put that credit card ;-) )

Back