New/old guy from near Memphis, TN

Tiny

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly new here, but felt as though a reintroduction was necessary. My name is Scott, but most know me as "Tiny". I'm 6'7" ~300lbs. I love Mustangs, but could never fit in them.

I was a member back in 1999 when I was 16. I'm 27 now, but back then I owned a high mileage red '90 model automatic SC. Being 16 with a red, supercharged, chick magnet the obvious happened, and I wrecked it after only 6 months. I let my membership lapse, and my user name was purged from the records of this forum. In 2004 I bought another 90 model, but this time it was a black 5spd one owner car with low miles. I re-registered on the forums, and started reading as much as I could. In 2006 hard times forced me to sell it to a man in TX, but that SC fire still burned within.

Fast forward to present day... I'm now out of school, married, and working as a full time firefighter and have a little extra money to play with. I just bought a red '95 auto with ~50k miles, from the original owner (a 40 year old woman that didn't even know it was supercharged! She just liked the looks of the car!!!) In late 2008 she had the head gaskets replaced at Ford, but then it developed a rod knock. She parked it for a year, and it sat in her backyard. Luckily for me (unluckily for her neighbor) his house caught fire, and I spotted the car while working one day. I went over and talked to her about it, and she said that she would sell it. It has a knock in the motor, but for $750 I was happy to limp it home. My plans include a few goodies from Super Coupe performance including a re-manufactured long block, some wheels from Coy's, and a fresh paint job. My dad and I are anxious to take it out on the Power Tour. I'll try to get some pictures of it posted soon.

Is there anyone on here that is close to Memphis, TN?

Old man from Kentucky here....Welcome and glad to see another one being put back on the road...I'm sure you already know there is a wealth of information here and lots of things have happened in the last couple years, everything is bigger, better, faster. and stronger so good to have you back and lets get busy. You have plenty of time to make the shootout...........Dan

Back