Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showin the BIRD!

Quote Originally Posted by rmfk13 View Post
    Its deff a 97 console top, the stupid 94-94 cupholders SUCK, I had a can of pop slip through the holder one time and drenched EVEYTHING in the console, went out and got the 97 cupholders
    Maybe not having it when I got the car is a blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by rmfk13 View Post
    Its deff a 97 console top, the stupid 94-94 cupholders SUCK, I had a can of pop slip through the holder one time and drenched EVEYTHING in the console, went out and got the 97 cupholders
    I didn't think you could use a 97 cupholder console top on a sc because of the handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by EATONBIRD View Post
    Well the dealership tag on the keys that were in the T-BIRD IGNITION that I pulled the cup holder out of said 97, and It was an LX 4.6. I can go back to the junk yard and check the door sticker and what not's. I dont really care for it's design myself. I got it so when someone asked, like they always do, I can say I have one.
    I think I misunderstood your first post. The pic you have of the cupholder under the armrest is not what you put in but what came with it?

cup holders

I never found my 95 lx cup holders useful....more in the way. ANd if you had anythinf in the console it wouldn't fit. But am finding somethinf is beter than nothing, like my 89 sc. But I did find a site that had some cupholders that would fit in the bottom cubby.

stripe

anyone know where that thunderbird strip came from...I want on similar but says supercharged...anyone know of one?

Quote Originally Posted by VicRattlehead View Post
    I think I misunderstood your first post. The pic you have of the cupholder under the armrest is not what you put in but what came with it?
    When I got my SC The consoul lid was not attachted and I did not have any kind of cup holder devise at all when I bought it. I went to a junk yard and otained a nicer lid and it had a detachable assymbley which is the folding cup holder. The lid came out of a 97 LX 4.6 Bird. The lid is the same and it mounts directly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mellbutler View Post
    anyone know where that thunderbird strip came from...I want on similar but says supercharged...anyone know of one?

I have seen sites that offer the stripes on my car, didn't look or see if they had what u are wanting. They might though. I googled Thunderbird decals and was looking through the decals and found it. It comes with both sides, rear bumper letter decals, and the SC on the front bumper. My cousins husband does vynale graphics and can do about anything you can think of. He just did my Eaton decals. I can post some pics of his work in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by EATONBIRD View Post
    When I got my SC The consoul lid was not attachted and I did not have any kind of cup holder devise at all when I bought it. I went to a junk yard and otained a nicer lid and it had a detachable assymbley which is the folding cup holder. The lid came out of a 97 LX 4.6 Bird. The lid is the same and it mounts directly the same.
    That would figure all the beancounters and their cutbacks that they would put the shifter surround console too cup holder and the stupid ones under the armrest. I know the 97 cougar that I got parts out of did not have the underlid thing. Ford might have put them on cars until they ran out.

That could be. Even though I now have it, I still dont use it. I either have the passanger hold it or I wedge it inbetween the passanger seat were the seat belt buckle is and the counsoul. When Iam driving I like to rest my arm on the consoul and the sifter, I am used to drivin a stick. By the way, What is the comparison to an auto or a stick?

My cup holder/soda can holder is behind the seatbelt recepticle my body holds it in place.

Having 4 cup holders can be useful...

J.Miller
    1990 XR7 and 1955 F250!