BHJ Balancer Gen2 SC (94-95) Feedback

decipha

I got an email from Chris at BHJ last week about a new product they may be offering. After receiving many requests for replacement reluctor rings on the EDIS balancers, BHJ is gauging interest as if there is a market out there for the supercoupe crowd.

anyone interested??

Lack of required timing marks on the damper outer ring.
Depth of the pulley bolt holes
Difference in depth required for crank mounting bolt such that a stock bolt should not be used.

All documented on the board and issues that have bit folks in the past.

duffy... are you referring to the original batch of balancers from like 4 or 5 years ago?

AFAIK the timing marks are correct, and the snout was redesigned 3 or 4 years ago so it could be used with the stock bolt and washer.

however, ford recommends replacing the bolt and washer whenever it is removed, especially since the stock bolt is only 45mm in length when a 60mm length bolt can fit with no problems

14mm x 1.5mm x 60mm is the recommended replacement since it engages more of the threads

Nice to know they fixed some of the issues. What about the pulley bolt holes?

Also I think it was more than 4-5 years ago for the first dampers. Steve Webb honchoed the initial group buy from the TBSCEC site further back than that. I made the suggestion they make the hub solid steel since at first they wanted to replicate the OEM design.

Also I think it was more than 4-5 years ago for the first dampers. Steve Webb honchoed the initial group buy from the TBSCEC site further back than that. I made the suggestion they make the hub solid steel since at first they wanted to replicate the OEM design.

Way more. I've had mine since 8/2002, and I certainly wasn't the first.

I bought one last year, and other than the timing marks being corrected, all other issues still remained. At the price they charge for them, they could at least put a protective coating on them so they aren't covered in rust 3 months after installing it.

Also not mentioned, the pulley mounting holes are not tapped far enough to use the stock length bolts.

Thomas

I bought one last year, and other than the timing marks being corrected, all other issues still remained. At the price they charge for them, they could at least put a protective coating on them so they aren't covered in rust 3 months after installing it.

Also not mentioned, the pulley mounting holes are not tapped far enough to use the stock length bolts.

+1

I was almost very mad because of the pulley mounting holes. :mad: I wasn't aware of this when I drove to/raced at the shootout....something felt rough in the motor and LUCKILY I found it when I got home.

I only bought mine about 3 years ago...

Back