Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: accumulator ball

The said ball is a $110.xx solution we can get "now" & time will tell how long they last. I did not see a DOM stamped on them. I have tried 3 used ones & they were not good. The ones you expect to have soon I am sure will be the best, this is just a now item for daily drivers. I just updated the post with my recent purchase of this one from the seller. I want the right one in there as much as any & if I need another for my other car you will get an order.
    "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."

Major General Ferdinand Foch, 1911

Quote Originally Posted by 35thauto View Post
    The said ball is a $110.xx solution we can get "now" & time will tell how long they last. I did not see a DOM stamped on them. I have tried 3 used ones & they were not good. The ones you expect to have soon I am sure will be the best, this is just a now item for daily drivers. I just updated the post with my recent purchase of this one from the seller. I want the right one in there as much as any & if I need another for my other car you will get an order.
    Thanks for your reply and we completely understand what everyone must do in order to get through their daily lives. We went through lots of research and business contacts and money to get these. We even have to wait 6 months for delivery! We did this for the SC community and just wish that members would appreciate our efforts just a bit more.
    Take care and have a great weekend.
    Victor and Diane

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    I just ordered the AC Delco part. Based on the above post, it should work fine. I'll update once I get it, but at $110 shipped, can't beat that with a stick.
    This review is from: ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator (Misc.)
    Please take this with a grain of salt as I am receiving it from a forum of knowledgeable mechanics. It has been stated that these accumulators are 'new old stock' meaning that they are in fact new but are twenty years old. The accumulator, it is said, have a rubber bladder, this I know for fact as I cut my old one in half to see, and that an inert gas is on the top side thereby providing the needed pressure 'accumulation'. The problem with the twenty year old part is the inert gas has seeped over the twenty years through the rubber bladder and are not able to provide the designed pressure accumulation. I have noticed a decline in the performance of this newly acquired part over the last few months of operation. It is still MUCH better than the old part I replaced, but one might be better off buying a newer NOS part from a reputable dealer/supplier.

Just for your info, Dave.
    just another opinion of the Delco balls.

How much are the new ones going to cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

give him a call