accumulator ball

Spoke to a tech at SIA Electronics who told me that following accmuluator will work on our cars ... eBay item #330411116991 BMW E32, E28, E24, E23 NEW Brake Accumulator FREE SHIP $99.

I looks just like the one on the master cylinder that I bought from Prior five years ago.

I bought one today. Will post again if it does not work.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

The principle of "Supply & Demand" must have dawned on the eBay seller of those accumulators.

He is now charging $149.00 for them.

I found that prices for new master cylinder accumulator balls are all over the place.

The tech I spoke with at SIA said they sell accumulator balls for $239, when they have them in stock.

I did find one company that said they could send me one for $340 plus shipping. I found that hard to swallow since the cost of the whole rebuilt master cylinder with the accumulator ball was a little over $600 when I purchased it from Prior in Dec. 2004.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

BMW doesn't fit

Got the new accumulator ball today that SIA Electronics said will fit on our Super Coupes. It won't. The size of the threads on the ball I received is considerably larger than the accumulator balls on our cars.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Try GM Accumulator - Revised Price

In the late '80s & early '90s GM also used the Teves Mark II ABS system on many of their cars. The Buick Reatta was one of them.

Those accumulators are still available and, as far as I know from hearing others talk, they will work fine in our cars and have the same threads. They even have the same socket head hex nut on the top of them (unlike the Prior reman or SIA units)

The only difference being that the GM accumulators have a slightly smaller capacity than the original Ford units, which should not present an issue.

It is distributed by AC Delco and their part number is: 25528382

Amazon.com now has them for $99.45 with Free Shipping directly through Amazon. :eek:
http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25528382-Pressure-Accumulator/dp/B000C9LTRC

www.autopartsgiant.com sells them for $159.62 with free shipping.
http://www.autopartsgiant.com/parts/?Ntt=AC25528382&=&N=0&uts=true

www.rockauto.com also has them for $151.43 shipped if you use 5% discount code MM5531 in the box labeled "how did you hear about us"
Just do a Part Number Search on their site for "25528382" and select ACDcelco for the Mfr. and you will find it.

Can anyone out there confirm having successfully installed the GM accumulator in an SC ???

Attachments

• AC25528382.jpg
    AC25528382.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:
The Ball

Yup, I did buy one , but will try to use it on my 87-88 T-Bird, witch is the same ball , got it for 102 bucks . Looking at it , it should work , its a little smaller , but thats OK. and yes even has the hex on top as the OEM balls did . cant beat the price . D.Wilder ........Ballman32@aol.com :D

I just installed the amizon ball, It went on perfectly & works just fine.
The price was 106.xx + 7.xx S&H.

Made in Germany BTW , not CHINA!!

I just ordered the AC Delco part. Based on the above post, it should work fine. I'll update once I get it, but at $110 shipped, can't beat that with a stick. :)

This thread is for feedback from those of us that got one. They are not 20 yrs old & even if they were so what, it's when the are exposed to brake fluid that the clock starts. If you can find a new one for the SC then you will pay more. How bout you post up when you find,buy & have installed it. We already have a link to said ball, post up a link to a new SC ball.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25528382-Pressure-Accumulator/dp/B000C9LTRC

these are 20 years old. they are new old stock. that dose not come with warranty. i rather spend the money for a new one that has warranty so i know if anything goes wrong i can get it replaced

Hello, members, Here is a review of the balls from DELCO...Read it for yourself. That is someone who has purchased this ball and has an opinion just like the rest of you.
Grain of Salt, August 4, 2009

This review is from: ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator (Misc.)
Please take this with a grain of salt as I am receiving it from a forum of knowledgeable mechanics. It has been stated that these accumulators are 'new old stock' meaning that they are in fact new but are twenty years old. The accumulator, it is said, have a rubber bladder, this I know for fact as I cut my old one in half to see, and that an inert gas is on the top side thereby providing the needed pressure 'accumulation'. The problem with the twenty year old part is the inert gas has seeped over the twenty years through the rubber bladder and are not able to provide the designed pressure accumulation. I have noticed a decline in the performance of this newly acquired part over the last few months of operation. It is still MUCH better than the old part I replaced, but one might be better off buying a newer NOS part from a reputable dealer/supplier.

Good job, Ironman in your research. Spinningwheels-sc will have the RIGHT accumulator balls the beginning of November. We will let you all know when they are available for sale. Perhaps, we will offer a group buy on these. We will keep you posted.
Thanks and regards,
Victor and Diane

This thread is for feedback from those of us that got one. They are not 20 yrs old & even if they were so what, it's when the are exposed to brake fluid that the clock starts. If you can find a new one for the SC then you will pay more. How bout you post up when you find,buy & have installed it. We already have a link to said ball, post up a link to a new SC ball.

You are wrong. This thread started because someone was "looking" for an accumulator ball, it was not started as a critique of an installation, although someone did ask, it did not start that way. You should read a review below and get yet another person's opinion on these Delco balls....installed and running.

The said ball is a $110.xx solution we can get "now" & time will tell how long they last. I did not see a DOM stamped on them. I have tried 3 used ones & they were not good. The ones you expect to have soon I am sure will be the best, this is just a now item for daily drivers. I just updated the post with my recent purchase of this one from the seller. I want the right one in there as much as any & if I need another for my other car you will get an order.

The said ball is a $110.xx solution we can get "now" & time will tell how long they last. I did not see a DOM stamped on them. I have tried 3 used ones & they were not good. The ones you expect to have soon I am sure will be the best, this is just a now item for daily drivers. I just updated the post with my recent purchase of this one from the seller. I want the right one in there as much as any & if I need another for my other car you will get an order.

Thanks for your reply and we completely understand what everyone must do in order to get through their daily lives. We went through lots of research and business contacts and money to get these. We even have to wait 6 months for delivery! We did this for the SC community and just wish that members would appreciate our efforts just a bit more.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Victor and Diane

I just ordered the AC Delco part. Based on the above post, it should work fine. I'll update once I get it, but at $110 shipped, can't beat that with a stick. :)

This review is from: ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator (Misc.)
Please take this with a grain of salt as I am receiving it from a forum of knowledgeable mechanics. It has been stated that these accumulators are 'new old stock' meaning that they are in fact new but are twenty years old. The accumulator, it is said, have a rubber bladder, this I know for fact as I cut my old one in half to see, and that an inert gas is on the top side thereby providing the needed pressure 'accumulation'. The problem with the twenty year old part is the inert gas has seeped over the twenty years through the rubber bladder and are not able to provide the designed pressure accumulation. I have noticed a decline in the performance of this newly acquired part over the last few months of operation. It is still MUCH better than the old part I replaced, but one might be better off buying a newer NOS part from a reputable dealer/supplier.

Just for your info, Dave.
just another opinion of the Delco balls.

Back