New 95 SC Fix or Sell?

Houston we have a problem... HELP!!!

Well for any that have been following this thread I went back and forth about fixing or selling my SC. By trouble shooting everything that may be the problem, I determined that the HB was the cause and sold one of my kids to buy the BHJ. All excited, I removed the factory HB and preped the BHJ. I tried to install it on the crankshaft and quickly found it would only seat so far. Upon closer inspection I found that the end of the factory HB sheared off around the crank and destroyed the keyway (see photo). That explains the problems I was having. Now, I am looking for anyone to tell me that they had seen this before and have a simple solution to remove the ring on the crank without dropping the pan. My best idea is using a dremel to carefully remove a portion of it then dig out the rest. Any other thoughts? By the way, it sheared just in front of the oil seal.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 50
Thanks!

I was going in a different direction but this seems like a straight forward way to get it off. I'll let you know how it goes-

Success!!!

I was going in a different direction but this seems like a straight forward way to get it off. I'll let you know how it goes-

Got it pulled out tonight! A little WD-40 on the crank and it worked like a charm. Thanks again. Perhaps tommorw I will bring it back from the dead...

Hell Yeah!!!

Got it pulled out tonight! A little WD-40 on the crank and it worked like a charm. Thanks again. Perhaps tommorw I will bring it back from the dead...

Got the new HB on and it started on the first crank!!! Thanks for everyones help and as soon as I can become a member (hint, hint):D I'll start posting my restoration progress.

Back