Canton Racing Products 89-93 Fabricated Aluminum Coolant Tank -CLOSED-

rzimmerl

We got the ball rolling with Canton Racing Products and they will manufacture an aluminum replacement coolant tank for the 89-93 SC and 89-90 XR7. This is a direct stock fit, has the provisions for the coolant level sensor, a visual level sight tube, stock cap location, and stock overflow tube location.

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=8050

If we can get 10+ units sold the price is $350 per unit plus shipping, vs. the single unit price of $650. Lead time is 8-10 weeks for the tanks. I am still working the payment and shipping details with Nick at Canton. Post here if you are in for the purchase price for the 10+ unit sale.

We must get at least 10 people commited to let this NEW part launch into production, otherwise you will have to purchase one at the $650 price. Once this Group Purchase for the intial 10 units is placed, they will be $350 from then on.

See the New Products/Services post for more information on the tank.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113565

The list of committed for the 10+ unit price of $350 plus shipping

1. Toms-SC - group deposit paid- NO sensor hole -final payment paid
2. Mike8675309 - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
3. David Neibert - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
4. Kurt K - direct contact paid - WITH sensor hole
5. Sampo - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
6. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid - NO sensor hole - final payment paid
7. XR7 Dave - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid
8. rzimmerl - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid
9. nmcbchief - direct contact paid
10. victor malvar - group deposit paid - WITH sensor hole - final payment paid

Spoke with Nick at Canton and the payment details are as follows:
- a $175 down payment is due now
- the remaining payment will be due when the tanks are ready to ship in approximately 8-10 weeks.
- the down payment for 10 tanks must be recieved before they will begin production.

I can have everyone send me the down payment and I will send in a cashiers check, or we can each individually contact Canton Racing Products, or we can do a combination of both of them. I will be sending out a group deposit on the tanks

FINAL PAYMENT - I need the 8 people that did the group downpayment to send me their final payment so I can make the final payment to Canton

8-13-2010 - Group deposit on the tanks has been made
10-27-2010 - First tank recieved for test fitment
7-14-2011 Final payments are due as tanks are ready to ship
8-1-2011 Tanks have been shipped

Last edited:
In for 1 unit. Willing to buy another if we end up one unit short of group buy price.

Thanks Ryan

This is a cool product, but I'm out of the market for one. I'm deleting my radiator for weight savings. Still a cool product.

I'm in for one at $350, but mostly not if we don't get 10 people.

Understood, I edited the first post to make it more clear that this is for the 10+ unit price of $350, and we must get 10 in order to do the first purchase.

rzimmerl looks to be missing off that list. :cool: Call out to all those who like bling and clean under hood environments. XR7 Dave, Payton, ricardoa1, kenewagner :cool:

Thought I would post this bit of information.

The future of this product all depends on this Group Purchase. Canton has contacted our other parts vendors, and they are basing their orders on if we can get this initial order of 10 completed. If we can't complete this purchase of 10 units, this product will more then likely not be produced.

When does money need to be in by? If theres enough time I may be in. My stocker is a leaky bitch. If i had till mid july I could do it.

Back