180 thermostat

jld96

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what I have to do to change the cooling fan temp settings to come on at cooler temp with 180 thermostat?

As far as I know, and i'll probably be corrected as is usually the case on here, you will need to either get a tuner or get an electronic fan controller. EEC tuner or Moates quarterhorse etc. can control the fan settings from the engine computer, or wth a fan controller you will bypass the Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) - which controls the fan. You can get electronic fan controllers from Summit or Jegs and the like.

Depending on what your long term goals with your bird are and, obviously, $, will persuade you on if you want to get a tuner for the car or a fan controller. But with a tuner you'll need someone to tune it. I'm trying to decide all this myself and its hard cause in Salt Lake I doubt I'll find a decent tuneraround. Anyway let me know if there's a better way out there :)

send $35 to either fraser or bob to register the definition file

then buy binary editor program $80

then buy a moates jaybird $80 and f3 chip $65

$260 done

or buy an f3 chip for $65 send it to someone's house and let them program it for you for $20 and call it done at $85 total

www.moates.net

the f3 chip is the same thing as an SCT chip, you slap her in and go, it is not a programmer and it is not a data-logger

the quarterhorse is a programmer and datalogger

if you intend on modifying the vehicle and tinkering with it then get the quarterhorse, else get the chip and 'set it and forget it'

its up to you

if you want to learn how to tune cruise on over to http://www.efidynotuning.com

Last edited:
Back