89 SC brake problems

guzzirider

Help please, I have 2 problems with my brakes
This is a manual 1989 SC with disc brakes all round

The solid brake pipe that joins the rear calipers sprung a leak and i have removed it to replace it, the end nuts were seazed and cant be re-used
I am in the UK and cant find the right size and thread nuts, can anybody tell me the correct thread size details so I can get them

Second problem is with the handbrake
When on fully the drivers rear wheel is held firm but the other side is hardly held at all
The pads are good on both sides, I have tensioned the cable but it made no difference, both arms on the calipers move freely, and look like they move about the same amount, the piston on the non-working side moves freely in the caliper
Any ideas please

Help please, I have 2 problems with my brakes
This is a manual 1989 SC with disc brakes all round

The solid brake pipe that joins the rear calipers sprung a leak and i have removed it to replace it, the end nuts were seazed and cant be re-used
I am in the UK and cant find the right size and thread nuts, can anybody tell me the correct thread size details so I can get them

I don't know but hopefully someone that does will chime in.

Second problem is with the handbrake
When on fully the drivers rear wheel is held firm but the other side is hardly held at all
The pads are good on both sides, I have tensioned the cable but it made no difference, both arms on the calipers move freely, and look like they move about the same amount, the piston on the non-working side moves freely in the caliper
Any ideas please

It sounds like the caliper is bad. It may work with the regular brake which is good but if its not working with the parking brake its very possible that the mechanism inside of it is broken. Just verify that the cable is working for the passenger side.

Back