Harmonic balancer

madebyme

As many of you know I've been back an forth about keeping or selling the car and I really love it and always wanted one. I have tried just about everything listed in the thousands of threads I've read and nothing seems to work... sad thing is it is acting like it wants to run but starts to build rmps and dies. Before everyone starts telling me what to look at, I really want to eliminate the HB as the culprit. Everything else has tested fine and I do have a sight wobble.

Before I chuck $400 over to SpinningWheels for the BHJ does anyone have a working factory unit they took off for the BHJ that worked and I can test? I don't want to spend to much but let me know if you have one and we can see what we can work out. Thanks, and to all that have given me advise on what to check so far, BIG THANKS!:D

well you (a) can try and find a used one...there a few people on these boards that sell used sc parts, or

(b) you can take it to your local ford mechanic, and have he/she verify what is exactly wrong with it.

or (c) my favorite, just buy the bhj and if it doesnt fix it, at least you have it!

Sfi bhj

well you (a) can try and find a used one...there a few people on these boards that sell used sc parts, or

(b) you can take it to your local ford mechanic, and have he/she verify what is exactly wrong with it.

or (c) my favorite, just buy the bhj and if it doesnt fix it, at least you have it!

Well, I did just that... got a great deal on an SFI BHJ. I'll look into getting the pullies balance (or check that they still are in balance) and go from there. Anything else you think I should change / test while I'm in there?

As many of you know I've been back an forth about keeping or selling the car and I really love it and always wanted one. I have tried just about everything listed in the thousands of threads I've read and nothing seems to work... sad thing is it is acting like it wants to run but starts to build rmps and dies. Before everyone starts telling me what to look at, I really want to eliminate the HB as the culprit. Everything else has tested fine and I do have a sight wobble.

Before I chuck $400 over to SpinningWheels for the BHJ does anyone have a working factory unit they took off for the BHJ that worked and I can test? I don't want to spend to much but let me know if you have one and we can see what we can work out. Thanks, and to all that have given me advise on what to check so far, BIG THANKS!:D

From another post, someone found a Dorman HB W/pulleys.
I bought the Dorman OE replacement balancer here:

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-594-208.../dp/B001UCCN3Y

can't beat that price, at $152.19 with free shipping!

Would have been sweet

From another post, someone found a Dorman HB W/pulleys.
I bought the Dorman OE replacement balancer here:

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-594-208.../dp/B001UCCN3Y

can't beat that price, at $152.19 with free shipping!

That is a great price but mine is a 95 and believe me I searched everywhere before I got the BHJ. Good thing is, I don't feel like I settled and I'm confident I could resell it here if things don't work like I plan... Thanks for the heads up though. BTW, is it true that you have a 4.2L? I've just heard horror stories about getting it to work properly.

Last edited:
That is a great price but mine is a 95 and believe me I searched everywhere before I got the BHJ. Good thing is, I don't feel like I settled and I'm confident I could resell it here if things don't work like I plan... Thanks for the heads up though. BTW, is it true that you have a 4.2L? I've just heard horror stories about getting it to work properly.

Yes I had a 4.2L built for my 93. No horror story though. Motor has been built{long block}for two years now. I just can't seem to quit buying more and more stuff for it.:rolleyes: Time to buckle down and just put it in....:D
I should elaborate. I started this project over two years ago when the HG's went, then a divorce forced me to spend all of my money on attorney fees. Finally, I saved up the money to buy the rest of the items needed to put this in, like the kooks headers, exhaust system, 94 Blower and inlet. Big $$ stuff. I like to have EVERYTHING I need before I start something. That way it will get finished, sooner or later...lol..So I don't know what you have heard, but no problems, so far.....Maybe someone knows something I don't?

Last edited:
Back