SCU 2.3 whipple kit pics and dyno results

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Dave Dalke has been here the past 3 days installing a new supercharger kit and upgraded fuel system on my 91 SC. This dyno pull was with 19 pounds of boost and about 25 degrees max timing. We had one pull that was 11 rwhp higher but since it was causeed by lean top end spike, I'm not really counting it. I'm very happy with the look and the performance of this kit.

David

Attachments

• IM003828.JPG
    IM003828.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 885
  • IM003890.JPG
    IM003890.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IM003892.JPG
    IM003892.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 4,752
  • IM003893.JPG
    IM003893.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 808
  • IM003894.JPG
    IM003894.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,662
David,
very nice.....isn't that the same setup Gary had on his car years ago? Do you know why the car is running lean on the top end? I thought you had 80lb injectors.

Ken

WOW!!! Congratulations.

I love the "SCU" on the Adapter plate on top of the Whipple.

Last edited:
Do you have numbers for that motor prior to the bolt on changes? Nice low boost pressure (for the HP) seems to point to a pretty efficient motor off the bat that you are now getting to leverage.

I was wondering when we were going to see pictures. Yet again, very impressive.
My brother had mentioned your car was on the dyno (pretty sure it was yours due to the scream) when he called you earlier.
I can only imagine the looks on everyones faces there. :D

-Corey

Outstanding! Good to see all your time energy and effort pay off. The engine looks great and you can't beat those results. Whipples for everyone!!

Congrats David. Can't wait for the Shoot Out to see it run.

Ira

Wow very nice. I saw the kits Dave was making when I got mine tuned. Very impressive numbers and out of an auto car at that. Congrats on probably a 600hp engine!!! Does it fit under the stock hood?

Chris

I'm very happy with the look and the performance of this kit. David[/QUOTE said:
Really, just very happy------I'd have tears running down my legs....Congrats David that not only looks great it has to be a ball to point down the road........Dan

Very impressive results! These new kits look like they will definately pay off. When is the next attempt to break that 500 mark?

Back