New Member New Ford

bromebe

Good afternoon,
I Joined yesterday, took me till today to figure out the in's and out's, mainly the club dues! and it wasn't becuase I'm unfamiliar with these site,
I'm a member of the Slick 60's club of America 1961 to 1966 Ford F100 trucks
which I'll post later pictures of my Best in Show winning truck that I built myself
I'm also a member of the Saleen Club of America for the 2005 281 3V I had up until about 2 months ago - hence my new adiction - Leaving tomorrow with my truck and car hauler heading to St. Louis to pick up a 91 T-bird SC with 19,000 original miles on her, the reason I'm taking the trailer instead of driving it back would like to keep those miles low.
I've been spending allot of time at work brousing (researching) the web for new idea's
Already know I'd like to add the rear deck spoiler and change out the rear air damn for the dual exhaust to come out and be seen along with heard.

This is my car, and one I found on your site that I like the way the rear looks and I'm trying to fnd those specific parts now... so if anyone has some leads on the body mods that would be great, and any ideas on exhaust change now? I've alway use "X" pipe cad back flowmaster exhaust systems on my mustangs (not the Saleen) but think there has to be a better idea, I also own a 2005 Ford Focus SVT Steeda that my stepson drives.

new91.jpg

4517e.jpg

and this is the car I found on your site that I like the way the rear spoiler and air damn look
SceneSC005.jpg

Nice first generation SC.

The blue SC in your last picture belongs to Ricardo.

The spoiler is the Xenon Nascar style spoiler

That rear bumper cover was stock on the 94/95 models SC's. The openings for the exhaust have been modified for the tail pipes.

Last edited:
Yes that my car. More pics are in the garage page. But you seem to have bought a gem time capsule piece. Even me spoiler crazy guy recommends that you do not add on a spoiler and keep the car as stock as possible, Unless you dont care about return on your investment dont do it.

Your car will look very agressive is you get a set of wheels from
thecustomwheelshop.com

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/33

A set of deep dish bullits will take years of the car. While it maintains the originality. Put the stock wheels back on when its time to move on.
If you must put the spoiler that i have on the blue car, do not drill holes on the rear deck.

Nice car and keep it garaged if you can. I think I saw that car on ebay not too long ago.

Here is my other car with rear body lines and a set of staggered wheels. It looks just as agressive as the blue car. You dont really need a spoiler if you have an early model.

SANY0381.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, rushing it because it late but thanks I've had that thought about bringing her home this week end and keeping it as is, but as my other interest I will keep the idea's close, aways have the desire to make my rides better than others,
but clad to be with the group so I can get support and further idea's
Best regards
from Friendwood Texas
yep close to the gulf and feeling some of the results of our first herincan
easy one, been thru Cat 5 here at the house
Mike

**do not change anything!**

Mike,

If you modify that beautiful original SuperCoupe,:mad:
you should be taken out along Highway 6 & tied down
on top of one of those HUGE fire ant mounds in a
cattle pasture.
just kidding, but not by much!!:D

Jeff
former resident of Friendswood, TX
way back in '82-'83!!

PS: spellcheck please

Very pretty SC; looks alot like my driver, but yours looks nicer. I say keep 'er stock and original. A set of wheel & tires wouldn't be bad, but I'd hate to see you drill holes in the origial lid. You could pick up a cheap salvage yard lid (any 89-91 Thunderbird will do), have it shot in red, and add the spoiler of your choice. Just wrap up the original and store it carefully.

Enjoy the car; it's already unique just because it still exists.

Cheers,

JD

getting ready to pull out of the drive in a little bit and start heading to St. Louis, just need to make one last phone call to them to make sure they will be ready when I get there tomorrow morning
Hope to have pics of her sitting (fully original) sitting in my drive for one and all come Tuesday,
will take a few days off from the computer to plan, clean and polish

This is a follow up from my Purchase
First I made a few Personal upgrades

afterchange001.jpg

afterchange003.jpg

Then even with 19600 original miles the $8 plastic TV cable broke causing $1500 worth of transmission damage

Now the plastic drive gears on the odometer have broke and I need to have that fixed

Already had the seals replaced on the AC and serviced
along with the drive motors on both windows,

Guess they just don't store for 15 years or so like they use to!

Last edited:
Yeah, I had that plastic piece start to crack on mine but I caught it before it completely broke. I bought the brass replacement from Ford and all is well.

The SC looks great.

Looks great, I'm also a huge fan of red early SC's;), it could use a set of lowering springs just to remove the wheel gap and give it the stance these cars need.

I generally don't like the red cars...... but I have admit that she cleans up well. That is one great looking vehicle!

As for the blue one that's just another car from New England. If your SC isn't blue up there they don't let you own one... :rolleyes: :D

Ira

Nice mods. I always loved that spoiler. I had one on my old 94. IGreat choice in rims as well. Tbird bolt pattern or di dyou do a cobra brake upgrade with them....An dthat TV cable clip....Its the first thing I look for and replace on an old Ford. I been through what happened to you!

Nice mods. I always loved that spoiler. I had one on my old 94. IGreat choice in rims as well. Tbird bolt pattern or di dyou do a cobra brake upgrade with them....An dthat TV cable clip....Its the first thing I look for and replace on an old Ford. I been through what happened to you!

Very tasteful so far, but for God's sake don't do anything else to it (visible). BTW, Did you find out about this car from the thread that I started here?
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113218

Back