Picked up the new Bird

bromebe

Morning one and all,
Well my Mark Twain trip to Saint Louis is over and what a ride, but well worth it.
Pulled out of my drive way at 10:24 Thursday and got back at 10:26 on Saturday, that’s not the weird part, and this is no lie, 1776.1 miles round trip how’s that for a 4th of July week end road trip!
Drove 11 hours on Thursday, stopped at the Ark / MO. Boarder about 10 and pulled back out at about 4 the next morning, man that country side around South East Missouri is nice, 56 degrees, low fog banks in the beautiful valley’s another 4 hours to S.L., took the bypass over the Mississippi into ILL and back over to the show room, got there about 8:30 with time to kill before they opened up at 10 and had to have a few beers even that early in the morning to calm the nerves along with a pack of cigars, open open open!, old Wal-Mart turned into a Candy store of fine rides, not a lemon in the bunch,
Start taking pictures (hopefully attached ) first then looked for my new ride, In the back sit the new T-bird and the pictures did not do it justice! , put a couple of initials on the last doc and loaded her up and pulled out at 11, drove for another 10 hours for a total of about 15 hours on the road and had to stop again in Atlanta, TX, then up the next morning and finished the final 5 hours to the house!
6 tanks of fuel, a cracked windshield on the new truck and 10 million bugs in the grill later I was home, felt like Huck Finn.
I never got to check out the car like I wanted to until I got home and the more I looked the more I’m convinced that this car has been locked up in someone’s garage for a long time. Cob webs under the car, found a metal plaque from a cruise night car show dated 1992 sitting between the passenger seat and console and not a towel scratch in the paint.
AC would not cool and had that charged and everything in great now except for the driver’s window won’t roll down, due to the plastic gears they used back then that needs to be replaced. Hope to get the inspection and registration done soon so I can really get it on the road.
Great test run for slick stock, now back to Dallas this week end for a birthday party, then back to Denton the first of August for graduation then Iowa for the national truck show I'm taking my 66 to.
Oh yea, almost got nailed by a hoard of Hornets right off the get go when I went to get the trailer, damn bees had made a nest in the trailer tongue
SLtrip001.jpg

SLtrip003.jpg

SLtrip004.jpg

SLtrip016.jpg

SLtrip018.jpg

SLtrip013.jpg

SLtrip012.jpg

SLtrip021.jpg

SLtrip025.jpg

SLtrip028.jpg

SLtrip036.jpg

SLtrip039.jpg

SLtrip041.jpg

SLtrip040.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that bridge looks familiar (about 6 miles from my house). Glad you had a safe trip. Good luck with the great purchase.

19582 original miles when I picked it up, got a whoping 19600 on it now

Hey someone in my 66 club who owns a 93 said my passenger rims are backwards?

tell me it's not so

19582 original miles when I picked it up, got a whoping 19600 on it now

Hey someone in my 66 club who owns a 93 said my passenger rims are backwards?

tell me it's not so

only 93-95 had directional wheels..The earlier cars had one side one way the other side the other.. Been awhile but thats what I recall

Wow super nice car---the little plastic holders are glued on the bottom of the windows in that year and usually just let go...pain in the butt...Dan

nice car!

so you're from freindswood hugh?

I'm not to far in Spring.

Where did you purchase that trailer? I like it!

Would like to see that pretty bird sometime...

Yo,
first my hot rod builder bubby said he was familiar with the window problem and that the "repair kit" that you could get from Autozone would do the trick, said he'd pick up a couple for both sides so hopefully this little plastic piece glued to the window your talking about is in there or?

Got my car hauler from Big Tex, use it to take my 66 F100 to car shows and I do a little custom Auto transport business on the side. got to have something to fall back on with the new "Cheif" running things, already got my wife, she'll be loosing her job in a few months thanks to him

my 66
beach020.jpg

my 05 281-3V
3rdbrakelight002-1.jpg

my girlfriend - don't tell my wife
seatbelt.jpg

Yo,
first my hot rod builder bubby said he was familiar with the window problem and that the "repair kit" that you could get from Autozone would do the trick, said he'd pick up a couple for both sides so hopefully this little plastic piece glued to the window your talking about is in there or?

Got my car hauler from Big Tex, use it to take my 66 F100 to car shows and I do a little custom Auto transport business on the side. got to have something to fall back on with the new "Cheif" running things, already got my wife, she'll be loosing her job in a few months thanks to him

my 66
beach020.jpg

my 05 281-3V
3rdbrakelight002-1.jpg

my girlfriend - don't tell my wife
seatbelt.jpg

big tex? where abouts are they located?
are you on any other local forums?
like www.htownracing.com

Well, I'm doing my thing to the 91, original condition was great but needed my touch. after a $400 plus bill for fixing the AC since the car sat so long I then
Had a Alpine stereo system put in with 5 x 7 JL speakers all around and the JL 4 channel amp.
Then spoke to Jim Story first of the week at the custom wheel shop and ordered a set of 18 x 9 Saleen Speedstar rims along with the wheel kits required,
also got bumper inserts coming from Bob White and the SPL Nascar style rear spoiler on its way, no drilling required.
the new California car cover came in yesterday which I was tickled to see and soon, after I fix the windows I'll have it the way I want for now.
But I know I will be stopping in and saying hi to my favorite muffler man and seeing what he might suggest to give it a little more varoom!

Pictures will follow when comlete - going with the 245/45 series tires

...But I know I will be stopping in and saying hi to my favorite muffler man and seeing what he might suggest to give it a little more varoom!...

Don't cut the original exhaust system if you're going to add loud mufflers. Hang it on a wall and cut up a set from Pick-N-Pull. Believe it or not, those nasty old factory exhaust systems will be gold someday.

You got a great find; hopefully you won't take it too far from original. They can be put back to "stock", but they're only original once...

Cheers,

JD

Is it wrong that I like the 66 Ford truck better than the 05 Mustang :eek:

Great looking Super Coupe as well :) I didn't know that the split seats like that were available in 1991?

-Melon

Well, I'm doing my thing to the 91, original condition was great but needed my touch. after a $400 plus bill for fixing the AC since the car sat so long I then
Had a Alpine stereo system put in with 5 x 7 JL speakers all around and the JL 4 channel amp.
Then spoke to Jim Story first of the week at the custom wheel shop and ordered a set of 18 x 9 Saleen Speedstar rims along with the wheel kits required,
also got bumper inserts coming from Bob White and the SPL Nascar style rear spoiler on its way, no drilling required.
the new California car cover came in yesterday which I was tickled to see and soon, after I fix the windows I'll have it the way I want for now.
But I know I will be stopping in and saying hi to my favorite muffler man and seeing what he might suggest to give it a little more varoom!

Pictures will follow when comlete - going with the 245/45 series tires

Congrats,

Very nice car. Where is the place you bought it from located ? Looks like a place in St. Charles called Fast Lane...only bigger.

David

Too late!

Don't cut the original exhaust system if you're going to add loud mufflers. Hang it on a wall and cut up a set from Pick-N-Pull. Believe it or not, those nasty old factory exhaust systems will be gold someday.

You got a great find; hopefully you won't take it too far from original. They can be put back to "stock", but they're only original once...

Cheers,

JD

JD,
It's too late, he's not listening to you at all.

Back