Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 339

Thread: 2010 Shootout Smack!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    5,084

    2010 Shootout Smack!

    Ok I started the thread!

    For all your other shootout talk needs.

    I just ask you keep it interesting.
    Last edited by BLOWN38; 07-08-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Ok I started the thread!

    For all your other shootout talk needs.

    I just ask you keep it interesting.
    This year, for me, I am interested in the Pro Street class since I am sure I will be running in the 11s. I have to avenge my loss last year to Ryan, so I will be seeing you at the line Ryan Just wondering how many others I have to beat in that class as well

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    5,084
    Oh ,Ken I plan on running 11.50's all day long.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Oh ,Ken I plan on running 11.50's all day long.
    Ah but you indicated you were going to try out the outlaw class. Are you running nitrous to get 11.50s all day? If so maybe I will catch you with an empty bottle

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Ah but you indicated you were going to try out the outlaw class. Are you running nitrous to get 11.50s all day? If so maybe I will catch you with an empty bottle

    DD said the only way I could play with the Tbirds is in the Outlaw class. My other option is to race in the bracket class.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,659
    I love these threads. I'm out this year. Wedding and honeymoon going on. I haven't had anytime to work on my junk either.
    Last edited by Toms-SC; 07-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    DD said the only way I could play with the Tbirds is in the Outlaw class. My other option is to race in the bracket class.
    Well I wont have to worry about you than. Maybe you could run in the Pro street class if you added 500 lbs of weight. We could be on equal ground then

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    I have to avenge my loss last year to Ryan, so I will be seeing you at the line Ryan

    Ken
    I am hoping to be there also to defend that match up again, this time twin screw vs. twin screw .

    I should know how Tim's old transmission is next week when I fire it up and on the road again. Then I'll have to get some practice in before to get a feel for the Lentech VB and non locking converter.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,898
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Oh ,Ken I plan on running 11.50's all day long.
    Me too...except for the qualifying pass

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,379
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Me too...except for the qualifying pass

    David
    I think you mean time trial pass. Maybe I'll be closer to 11.50 this year and I won't need to beat you so badly at the tree to win
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Ah but you indicated you were going to try out the outlaw class. Are you running nitrous to get 11.50s all day? If so maybe I will catch you with an empty bottle
    Nitrous!! Where you been... lookin at too much of that shiney stuff? I gots 2.0 AR powah now! I still seem to be laggin behind in the engine and blower size dept. but I'll keep up on the track.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    I think you mean time trial pass. Maybe I'll be closer to 11.50 this year and I won't need to beat you so badly at the tree to win
    From what I understand you can run quicker than the index on the qualifying pass without being DQ'd.

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    48125,michigan
    Posts
    4,137
    all i got to say is i hope i can make it... i wanna see these fast cars..

    ill be slacking behind if i make it in the high 12s range...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Va. Beach,Va.
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    From what I understand you can run quicker than the index on the qualifying pass without being DQ'd.

    David
    You're correct on that David, with me being a "green" novice drag racer, I had no idea what my car would run at the Shootout last year. Signed up for the 12.70 class and after the hour break for lunch, the car cooled down and I ran a 12.216...........

    This year I plan on running Pro class with a DD tune, MPx and 100 shot............
    The AR's and Whipples better watch out..........I'm coming for you with my little ol' M90..........
    Last edited by nickleman60; 07-08-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    48125,michigan
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    You're correct on that David, with me being a "green" novice drag racer, I had no idea what my car would run at the Shootout last year. Signed up for the 12.70 class and after the hour break for lunch, the car cooled down and I ran a 12.216...........

    This year I plan on running Pro class with a DD tune, MPx and 100 shot............
    The AR's and Whipples better watch out..........I'm coming for you with my little ol' M90..........
    got any videos of your car??

Similar Threads

  1. SC Shootout Recap.....:)
    By XR7 Dave in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 10:55 AM
  2. Shootout Smack Talk
    By XxSlowpokexX in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 11:56 AM
  3. 06 Shootout Smack Talkin
    By xThunderbirdSCx in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 02:34 PM
  4. Some Shootout info and data for those interested.
    By XR7 Dave in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:58 AM
  5. Thanks to all the Sponsors to the SC Shootout
    By 007_SuperCoupe in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •