"SC" on front bumper

DrewsSC

Hey, now i really like the look of the "SC" stamped on the front bumpers of the 89-92 SC, but why didn't they do it to the 93? This really bugs me because Ford kinda cppped out on us 93 owners. If you guys have the answer or any ideas, let me know. Thanks, Drew

They stopped because they started to use the same bumper for the lx's on those years and probably didn't want to waste the time embossing the letters on just some bumpers

I believe the SC stamp was only on 1989 - 1991. I have a 1992 and I do not have the SC stamp on the front bumper!

Cheers,
Calvin

yup 89-91 too bad fugging new york forces a front plate. i got a ticket just yesterday for having no front plate.

i like the SC in the front :(

Utah makes you have a plate on the front too, but so far no one has caught me with out one yet. I like the look of the "SC" stamped on the bummper cover way too much to cover it with some dumb plate.

Front Plate

Yeah, I have been pulled over three times here in Iowa for no front plate, but I have yet to get a ticket for it! (however, one time I didn't have a license... so I got a little ticket for that...) I love the SC stamp too

mounting positions - no pun intended

Hey, I was just wondering how exactly you went about mounting it in that location...

All you do is use the holes left by the rivets for the front plate
holder.They are the perfect width apart. Bend the plate so the top of plate is flush with the bumper and stick a bolt through the plate and the bumper and use a nut to tighten it down.If you
still have the holder on your car just give it a good tug,and it
should pull off.There are four rivets:2 in middle.2 at bottom.
You could also probably use zap straps instead of bolts.

Last edited:
Did I read somewhere that you can't get these bumpers anymore (new)? Would be a good piece to be on the lookout for. I love the stamp up there.

Meh, I just drive around without it then when a cop pulls me over I stick it in the front windshield and say it was always there.

re:MI rules

Got the SC stamped on my `90...MI requires no use of front plate....no emissions...welcome to the Motor City boys!!!!:D

Bumper

Amen to the good old Motor City. Screw that plate on the front bumper! Now all we need is some good roads! and some good street races so we can put those little rice burning fags in their place! (Excluding supras, & RX7's)

no rules in NM

Here in New Mexico, they don't have any rules for front plates emissions, You can drive anything you want with what ever you want and it is alright.

Hey, does anyone sell the vinyl sticker inserts for the "SC" on the front bumper? I know there are the inserts for the "Thunderbird SC" in the rear, but how about the front?

...MI requires no use of front plate....no emissions...welcome to the Motor City boys!!!!
Gotta love it, well I do in New Orleans! No front plate......and NO emission test........guess that's the reason the south is called the "Dirty South"~

Calvin

Back