1989 SC RED How many were this color?

StahlMaster

I friend of mine has a 1989 SC Red in color. 5 speed manual. Moon roof. Leather. 58,000 miles. He is the original owner. Garage kept / covered.
Can you tell me how many RED 89's were produced and what the value of this car may be? He is looking to sell.

D

I friend of mine has a 1989 SC Red in color. 5 speed manual. Moon roof. Leather. 58,000 miles. He is the original owner. Garage kept / covered.
Can you tell me how many RED 89's were produced and what the value of this car may be? He is looking to sell.

D

Wheres he located, might be intrested in that one if the price is right

D

I got one!:D Original owner with 68k miles!

I think this was a popular color and option package. Don't have actual numbers for production, but I think it was pretty large.

Value depends upon if someone wants it. But I found out that it was not that unique.

Thanks for the replys. OK..I know it's worth what someone is willing to pay but what would be a fair price to offer?

D

Thanks for the replys. OK..I know it's worth what someone is willing to pay but what would be a fair price to offer?

D

IMHO, nice/good condition, running, with those miles in various markets... USD$2,500 maybe. Hard to pinpoint without more details, pics, etc.

A red/black leather 89 5-speed with 58K miles and moonroof? It's easily worth way more than $2.5K. If it were only an average driver with average (125K+) miles, it'd be worth that. My assumption is that it is a need-nothing, original-paint, everything-works survivor. If that is all true, the value will be higher than driver status. I know that here on SCCoA, nobody wants to pay anything for cars, but in the collector world a car like this has a higher value. I've always found that strange...

JD

While were on the colour red is there a reason the shop manual code doesn't replicate the door tag.

I have what I believe is E4 on the tag. I think this is Med Cabernet Solid (no clear) which I referenced off a pic of a swatch book on ebay.

The manual quotes code EH. I'm I missing a piece of the puzzle here?

To avoid thread hijack +1 for the above. Clean unmolested should start at $5000. Clean historically significant goes from there. 5 spd has always carried a premium and that gap widens with age.

The more value we place on these cars as a group the greater the accepted resale value will be to others. It just takes time. If all they find is $4-5000 cars for sale that will be the benchmark.

Looks, features and drivability puts the SC far and away the better car when compared to the Mustangs of similar vintage. We just have to convince the masses.

The NADA website lists the following values for a 1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe with the appropriate options on their "Classic Cars" tab:

$ 3,824 Low Retail
$ 6,670 Average Retail
$10,408 High Retail

You can read their descriptions of each level to determine which one is most applicable to a particluar car.

JD

Back