Questions about Car Covers

91BLOWNSC

I seen a car cover at my local auto parts store that im gonna need for the winter time..its roughly about 90 dollars plus tax and I need to know something about it. It says its "water Resistant". Should it be water proof or is that fine? It is an outdoor one and it is fully breathable but umm my car will probably have snowing sittin on top of it at some point. What are my chances of it leaking through or are all outsaid car covers water resistant and not proof.

Car Covers

Most of the good ones are water resistant and made of some synthetic material that is soft on the inside. I used one on my car for about 5 years because there were a lot of tall trees around our house. The trick to using one is to wash the car before you put the cover on. Threre were times when it would be covered with ice and snow for weeks since I lived up some farely steep hills and trying to drive the 5 speed SC in snow is like having a death wish. Good luck on your cover choice.

I would apply several good coats of wax if it will be covered for the duration of winter; and make sure the cover-material will not cause extreme heat to build up between the cover and the paint. You don't want to take it off in the spring to find bubbles in your paint.

Back