Parting Out 89 XR-7.

Akurei14

Well I don't have the money to repair the front end. So I guess all I can do is part her out since nobody wanted to buy the whole thing.

So heres the lowdown:
127k on entire car

new plugs and wires go with the engine
manifolds too, unless someone grabs em seperatly.
Asking $100 for the motor, no supercharger, you pull it.
If I have to pull it, well simply put I can't, no engine hoist, so bring one, and $100 and it's all yours!

S/C setup:
complete ball of wax from the TB to the IC, and to the plenum.
didn't make any funny noises, never put a smaller pulley on it or anything either.
$100 plus shipping

M5R2 transmission
worked fine with no grinding
Asking $100 you pull it, without shifter
$200 if I pull it.

Interior,
grey interior, few cracks on the dashpad, other than that it's pretty darn good.
$150 takes the whole interior.
Guages, carpet, console, rear seats, panels, dash.
That's if you come pull it out.
If I pull it, $200.

Or if you like take the whole damn car for $500.
It runs, it drives, still runs fantastic.
Has front end damage. If you wanna fix it, it needs
the core support to be pulled out on the drivers side,
front bumper cover, headlights, grill, header panel, drivers fender,
hood, and possibly an oil cooler, but I don't think so since it isn't leaking.
Clutch slips abit, but for a car of good parts, $500 is peanuts.
Aside from the damage it needs the back half of each rocker panel, new front shock and mount. And that was really it aside from an A/C recharge.

Only thing I'll ship is the shifter, and possibly smaller parts, but again, I would rather sell the parts in chunks, I need it gone quickly and don't want this to all goto the crusher, which will happen if nobody speaks up.
I can be reached at 413-887-4673, my name is Josh, the car is located in Palmer, Mass.
Car isn't driveable now due to parts that have beentaken out, but when I took it off the road she ran GREAT!

37454_131732506865731_100000869477786_144542_2343583_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...43532394_100000869477786_144543_6036007_n.jpg

Whats sold thus far:
Master Cylinder
Supercharged fender emblems
B&M shifter
JBL speakers/amp/sub
rims
tail-lights
guages
dash face
trunk-lid harness
dis
console lid
factory JBL tape deck (guy wanted it even tho it's busted?)

EDIT: Seats are up for grabs now, they won't fit the lincoln, so I don't want em.
Local pickup only on those.

Last edited:
damn pics aren't workin, but I'll have em back up later once I'm home from work. I'll also put up some more too.
Plenty of good parts and I'll let em go cheap!
Motorcraft DIS $20 plus shipping
Motorcraft coil pack $20 plus shipping
Stock MAF $40 plus shipping
Stock TB $30 plus shipping
PM me with needs.
Doesn't hurt to ask! I got a whole car that's gotta go!

Is the driver side upper cowl panel in good shape with no cracks or chips?

Sorry it's got some cracks and it's faded pretty bad.

And I'll say it again, if you need small stuff, DIS, t/b, badges, guages, etc let me know.
I don't have everything listed seperatly, but I've got a whole car minus what's sold, so make me an offer!
Odds are I'll say yes since I just want the parts to goto good use and not end up in the junkyard where they will get wasted or get overpriced.

Last edited:
nope no sunroof, sry.
Also I do have 5 good JBL speakers if anyone wants em.
$10 each, or the whole lot for $45 plus shipping.
I do have the factory JBL tape deck too.

nope no sunroof, sry.
Also I do have 5 good JBL speakers if anyone wants em.
$10 each, or the whole lot for $45 plus shipping.
I do have the factory JBL tape deck too.

Still have the amp and subwoofer?

I'd like the speakers, the sub, and the amp - going to see if I can coax it all to work with a 1996 PSS head unit, after replacing the driver in the sub (if necessary!) and recapping the amp.

RwP

Oh and if anyone has Mark VII parts, I may be willing to do some trading.
Or if you have a foxbody mustang clutch/brake pedal assy,T5 trans that isn't junk, again I may be interested in a trade. Heck even for a nice head unit I would go in on a trade for since mine got stolen....

Still have em but I'm almost positive that atleast one of the two is shot.

I can rebuild the amp (or better, get Paul to rebuild it for me), and I can replace / recone the speaker (I grew up doing amps and car stereos for my friends in high school back in the 60's - including the old Quam dual-coil 6x9s so I could hook up the AM radio to one coil, the new 8-track to the other, and not need to rewire as much!).

I'm just looking to improve the audio a bit in the Cougar while keeping it close to stock (or at least stock looking!)

Don't need a really high end audio system - 54 years old with tinnitus in a 20 year old car tends to take some of the sound quality off anyway :diablo:

RwP

How many speakers do ya want?
I could do the 5 speakers, sub and amp for $100 shipped.
A good chunk of that being shipping due to the weight of it all.

Don't have a paypall setup just yet.
Don't wanna keep ya waitin but I'll have it up by the weekend. So, either hang in there, or I can do money order. No cash or checks tho.
Sorry, but I'm new to the whole sellin parts online ruckus.

Haha, thanks for the understanding.
I'm glad as hell my Mark VII I just picked up has the JBL premuim speakers too. But they aren't the black plastic ones, these are like normal speakers, and OMG with just my ~~~ walmart headunit those suckers sound amazing! Leaps and bounds above the stock JBL stuff in the MN12s. Tho they should be, it is a lincoln.

Yah. I'm just looking for ways to improve the wife's Cougar bit at a time. Going to go get the power tracks out of a donor car at the local U-Pull-It so I can give her full power on the passenger side (already have a set of the side covers, albeit in red, not black - but hey, that's what Krylon Fusion is for, innit?)

This would be a "Cold, wet, blustery day - can't do jack squat outside" type project to rebuild the amp and subwoofer.

Oh, and the joy and fun of figuring out how to get it and the head unit happy with each other :diablo:

RwP

Back