Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: well we have converted nick (aka mr mustang)

some more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That SC is going to look great... better than the day it rolled off the assembly line. You guys have gotten more done in a few months than I accomplished in several years on my Cougar. Just wish I had that kind of time.

Bryan

Looking great Chris, kudos to Nick, tell him to hang in there.. I've got to make it over to see the progress.... Such a great build, I love y'alls attention to detail on this.. Is he going back automatic or is he going to make it manual??

RJ

They really are doing one hell of a job, I was over there the other day and it was up on the lift and the front end looked better than factory new.

hey whats up
    sorry i haven't posted in awhile and i haven't taken to many pictures lately but nick has bin moving forward the rear ham and sup is in thanks to Dr Flip and his half shafts and the trans is in thanks to ken seegers for a trans mount bracket drive shaft is in and the fuel tank and ext Shields are in now starts the blower thanks to Bryan and his ported late model blower then to the dash and the wiring for the 5spd

i have restored a few cars before but this one has bin a challenge if it were not for you guys and sccoa i don't think we would have gotten this far this fast nick is having lots of fun with this and so am i thanks for your help in the past and for the loads of help to come

merry Christmas to all
    Chris
    Nick
    hope to have pics up soon

Quote Originally Posted by INDANGERED_BIRD View Post
    now starts the blower thanks to Bryan and his ported late model blower

It's no longer my ported late model blower. It belongs to Nick now That blower should work well on the early model SC and will look OEM.

Keep up the good work.

Bryan

AS PROMISED PICS

Last three

You are lifting the front from a really bad spot. Put the lift arms on the frame rails next time, that area will crush if the car had its full weight on it.

Yes i saw that to nick moved the arms to put some undercoating on the spots where the arms where lifting the car now the car is off the lift and closer to my tool box to work on the top of the motor

thanks for stopping by Ricardo nick is hopping to put the dash back in next week he has printed out you thread on the wiring for the 5spd we will see how that gos thanks again for your help

Chris

As always the Chris & nick team does some great work, just waiting to see this baby finished.

Man, the little extra's you guys are doing will make this thing last for ever, great work Nick and Chris..

I never could have done it with this much love and care, I don't have the shop or the tools to go as far as you guys did..

can't wait to see it finished..

RJ

well still going
    just a few pics
    motor just about done just rad hoses, batt.,SC oil, plug wires, throttle body
    then on to the dash and hopefully this thing will start up

Chris

What color is your SCer & plumbing ? Looks sharp

the color we used is a RM tint color its a very very very fine silver metallic for painting wheels code D-121 and it didn't come out as well as i was thinking it would we found out the hard way you can't just paint it over a sanded surface nick sprayed a base of silver first (first miscalculation should have bin black) then sanded it with 2000 sand paper and sprayed it with the d-121 (second miscalculation) you can't spray over sanded parts the tint is to fine that even 2000 grit sanding marks show up so spray it again with the base silver then right to the tint then it looks good then clear but i think its too silver nick thinks it's OK and it is his car so on the car it want

Chris
    Last edited by INDANGERED_BIRD; 01-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.