A good weekend.

XR7Kurt

I went to Nashville this weekend to help a friend prep a demo derby car and scored a Mark Vlll aluminum spare at the pull a part. I always look in the trunks of the Marks but have never found any. I did the same thing this time and no spare, but we happened to walk by it again and I noticed it on the rear driver side. Made me wonder if I had passed any other ones up before.:rolleyes: Not a very interesting story but I've been trying to find one for over a year now.
I also put another 300 or so miles on my car which is always enjoyable, except for the lack of A/C.

So did anyone else do anything interesting or get to enjoy their car this weekend?

I'm stilling working on getting ready for my first autocross on the 15th...working on air directers for my IC and radiator..also need to load my QH tune now that all of the software licensing, etc. is worked out. :D

Are you looking for another aluminum MarkVIII spare? I seem to have no trouble finding them here at the Louisville P-a-p. I could probably bring one to the Shootout for you, if you'd like. I've left several there since I already have two at home.

Autocross courses aren't very long, usually around 40-60 seconds, and at fairly low speeds so if you get short on time I wouldn't worry too much about air directors.
I don't need another right now but I'll keep you in mind when I do. Have you noticed any with the fans still in them? You should pick those up if you do they go for pretty good money on tccoa. I'll be uprading to the Mark VIII fan if I ever fix the A/C on my car.

I haven't noticed any fans...haven't really looked though. Looks like I'll be going out there later this week though, so I'll keep that in mind. They've got 7 Mark VIII's out there right now! :eek:

'93 driveshafts usually go for $75-$100 pretty easily. Pull a part is usually not kind to Al driveshafts though. I did find one earlier this year, cost a whole $15.:D

Back