Wrecked SC/Thunderbirds

Rear end impact from a large sedan (I think it was a Buick) traveling at approx. 45mph......

RedSC1.JPG

RedSC2.JPG

Thomas

That doesn't make any sense. I was hit by a Suburban going 45+mph (the driver told me this.) and mine drove away with 1/4 the damage the red one has. The only reason I decided to total mine is because it hit high, and lifted the rear quarters up. (way too much of a pain to straighten.)

-Corey

>same chassis, just a little LONGER which I believe provides more crush zone

And more weight to deal with in the process - sounds like a wash :)

That is beside the point .. a fully loaded SC weighs more than a base model LX and yet they have the same structural integrity. You could argue that a heavier car has more potential energy and mass during an impact or may be more stable or solid depending on the crash situation.

- Dan

That is beside the point .. a fully loaded SC weighs more than a base model LX and yet they have the same structural integrity. You could argue that a heavier car has more potential energy and mass during an impact or may be more stable or solid depending on the crash situation.

- Dan

Or maybe your Grandma owns a fire hydrant.

Cause I think the Lincoln might actually weigh same or even a tiny bit less than an SC :) And no, I don't care to hear how much grandma weighs. We put 'em in Lincolns for a reason.

Last edited:
A Honda Accord driver did not see my wife in the '95 SC. She pulled out of a sidestreet and my wife hit the Accord smack on the LF wheel and drivers door hinge. Airbags deployed and broke my wifes left hand when it slammed it into the drivers door frame. After the Accord impact and spinning the Accord almost 180° the SC bounced off a high curb in median

My wife never had time to hit the brakes. Hit the Accord at about 45mph. If the SC was newer it would have paid to fix it. Estimate was $11K.

Thankfully the Accord had side curtain airbags.

FrontRightHit.jpg

Hit a deer crossing a highway when I was going 70mph. Small deer. Insurance company totaled it, paid me ~$3000, I bought it back for $500. I replaced the hood, header panel, and fender for $800. Eventually sold the car to someone else for $1000. He bartered with someone to get it repainted, rebuilt the motor while recovering from hip surgery and now runs it at 1/8 mile and 1/4 tracks.

Back