hands down the best bang for buck mod

I didn't do a before and after, but my XR7 with stock pulleys made 190rwhp and my other stock XR7 makes 185rwhp with UD pulleys. No idea what the dealio is there. Both cars were tuned.

On another note, the car without underdrives cruises down the highway (AC off) at 204-208 deg and that is even with a 180 deg thermostat. My other car runs much cooler, generally under 200 deg, even with underdrives. Beats me. :confused:

I didn't do a before and after, but my XR7 with stock pulleys made 190rwhp and my other stock XR7 makes 185rwhp with UD pulleys. No idea what the dealio is there. Both cars were tuned.

I would check with the guy that did the tuning..:D

Sorry Dave, I couldn't help myself.

When I did it I had a homedepot ram air thingie mabob. I dont know the car felt stronger and more consistent. I heard the SC more when going into load....:p

Mods that I regret, is removing the flooring insulation to save weight.
Cutting up my fiberglass hood to help cooling and it was the darn Puller fan all along. :(

In the altitude goign up a hill that I never had a problem before driving until I installed underdrives then I removed them and all was gravy...

So now you know of one ;)

Sort of makes sense. Thinner air at altitude has less heat capacity, so the rate of transfer out of the cooling system would be slower. Also, the radiator cap is only going to hold 16psi (or whatever is actually is) more than ambient pressure. So the absolute pressure in the cooling system would be reduced accordingly, which might make the coolant more prone to boiling.

I'm just saying aI tried the hill before underdrives and after (no other mods) and overheated with them and didnt overheat without them.

Instead I went with some :eek:SCI ALL ALUMINUM STOCK SIZE PULLEYS THAT ARENT MADE ANYMORE!!!!!!:eek: lol and those look very nice and I dont overheat...of coarse now I have a super cap griffin.

My first upgrade on my SC was the brakes. I had to have the original rotors turned a couple of times, and they kept warping. I've got slotted rotors and NAPA adaptive pads on it now. This was a big improvement, and no warping so far.

The guys at Seyfer Automotive are the Ford performance experts in Denver. They did a tuneup for me, and it felt like a different car when I got it back. Then, I saw the post about the limited run of B&M rippers from Bill Evanoff. So, I called Bill, and ordered one.

Bill Evanoff started making a pretty good case for a few other things I needed. So, I got the exhaust, raised top, 10% SC pulleys, and intake. He recommended a bigger TB too, but my guy at Seyfer said to hold off on it. He said that in our altitude, bigger TBs aren't always better.

My car really runs really great now. But, from what I've been reading here, I may have been able to omit the raised top. Also, I'm still wondering about the 70 mm TB. Bill E insists that it will be an improvement, even at high altitude; true?

Thanks JV

If it won't go, then chrome it!!

There are a lot of things that people put in their list of mods that make me giggle.

Things like ARP head studs, ARP intake manifold bolts, stainless steel radiator hose sleeves, fluids/oils, gaskets, thermostats, and other things. You might as well include Duralast ACT sensor, Goodyear vacuum hose, and painted dipstick tube.

Best bang for the buck mod.... a mild reground cam that still runs with the stock valve train, which would put you around a .490 lift or so. Add a set of 42# injectors and a tune and you can easily get to 270rwhp or so with the right amount of OD on the blower. Exhaust is a must.

Recent evidence suggests that the only thing that will significantly make more power on these cars is upping the blower output or other forced induction method. Everything else is to support the blower to push more air into the motor, and a cam is one of those items that will help the blower out alot.

Fraser

There are a lot of things that people put in their list of mods that make me giggle.

I thought the ARP studs were an upgrade .. I mean, we could just use TTY bolts instead .. but then I wouldnt have anything to put on my Mods list .. :rolleyes:

- Dan

Back