new owner of a 90 sc project

project

Good to hear our Sc community is growing and people are more and more interested in these amazing machines, they are great cars when they work properly i just got my second one myself and needs some work too but its going. Welcome and we will be looking forward to pictures of your bird!!

yea i am from ohio and dont know where to find parts for these but have bad brake problem the reserve had no fliuid in it and when i went to stop i had to give all i could just to push the brake pedal down to slow down well we took the back brakes off and it lookes like they haven worked in a long while the rotors and all was rusted badly any ideas thanks

How long was the car sitting before you got it.....:confused:

Rusty rotors really isn't a sign of bad brakes (I've had them sit for over a year with no problems).....

If your brakes are working properly, the rust will come off after you apply the brakes a few times....:p

You say there was no brake fluid in the reservoir.....:eek:

You might have a leak some where in the system....

The pump motor is a prime suspect, as the pump motor seal will fail over time and cause brake fluid to leak....:mad:

Let me know if you need any help....

I have good collection of ABS parts....:cool:

guy told me it only set 4 2 weeks . we tried to bleed rear brakes and no fliud made it there at all . the kid i got it off said he never chenaged oil in car since he had it cause he didnt know how and didnt have money to take it in lol. i gave over 1200 for the car and was told that had just cometic stuff and found tones more once got home but car only has 109000 miles on it and runs good other then brakes and all

Fluid won't come out of the rears without the ABS motor running. Just turn the key to on and wedge a piece of wood on the seat pushing the pedal slightly then crack the rear bleeders.

yea its been a while since i been on it was back in o6 was last time i was on but glad to be back on and gettin alot of help that i need for my car thanks

i gave over 1200 for the car and was told that had just cometic stuff and found tones more once got home but car only has 109000 miles on it and runs good other then brakes and all
Thats the typical story. My red car was low mileage relatively speaking, but ragged out as crap when it arrived. NOTHING like the pictures. :mad: Essentially it was a P-O-S. 4 years, couple of hundred of hours of work, and a few $1000 later, its now restored and is the pride of the flock. :)

Last edited:
Back