Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 500hp sc

Quote Originally Posted by 1MTNCAT View Post
    I would however like to see similar supercoupe runs with and without the meth on similiar setups and see the difference. Understand I;m not disputing the fuel theory, but the power theory.

I could make that possible as I have tunes for with and without.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

Already done!

Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    I could make that possible as I have tunes for with and without.
    I have a 2 position chip and without running the Snow System I made 302RWHP and with the other tune for the alcohol injection netted 329 RWHP on the same Dynop on the same day about 30 Minutes apart.

So yes I believe you can make a tad more power with the alcohol injection, but I think it has to do more with putting in more timing not so much just the alcohol injection by itself.

Smitty
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........11.175 @ 121.85 MPH
    462.54 rwhp, 461.42 tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC View Post
    I have a 2 position chip and without running the Snow System I made 302RWHP and with the other tune for the alcohol injection netted 329 RWHP on the same Dynop on the same day about 30 Minutes apart.

So yes I believe you can make a tad more power with the alcohol injection, but I think it has to do more with putting in more timing not so much just the alcohol injection by itself.

Smitty
    Thanks for that information and your honesty. That is really all I was getting at here. I guess my only other question would be what did the torque look like on those two dyno pulls and were the peaks the same pull to pull?

Those RWHP gains with the meth and tune are indicative of what my car showed with a 45HP nitrous shot and tune on my 4.6L. About 30 RWHP so you can see how that translates. The 125 Nitrous shot with tune showed about 105RWHP gain on my car for a max of 351RWHP/503TQ.

Dave is correct though, it all comes back to fuel and tuning advantages for power output.

From my logs etc, running the car completely the same with no change other than having the snow kit running slows the car down because the fuel mixture becomes extremely rich, like into the 9's.

Leaning out the fuel mixture to bring it back to target AFR did not make a difference worth noting Load wise, but the injector duty cycle dropped because of the less demand for fuel.

It also affected the wallet because I'm now just running 91 octane instead of 94 octane fuel and the car is perfectly happy with it.

For my setup at 20% OD My ACT's where not a factor in this since my IC setup keeps the temps well within acceptable ranges, and in fact could be detrimental to running the snow kit because my temps may not be going high enough for atomization of the alcohol until it gets into the cylinders.... theory of course.

I did note a big difference when I jumped up to 25% OD with the ACT's because it was too much for the blower and the temp's went way up, and if it wasn't for the alcohol at that point I would be seeing temps in the high 100's. The car is nice-n-happy with 20% OD.

So as far as being a power adder on its own... I would say no. Calling it a power supporter, I would say yes.

Fraser