1989 xr7 5 speed FOR SALE

carterxr7

hello my name is Clint Carter from Seymour, IN. i am currently selling my 1989 xr7 with 260k miles. it is Oxford white with the red interior. it has the 5 speed tranny which i think is the M2R2 tranny. i had all the original window sticker, title, everything u could imagine until i left my window down while i went inside of wal-mart and it was gone when i came back out. it does still have the original engine (3.8 liter sc v6) brand new TRE Performance 255LPH fuel pump, and just a cone intake filter (no aftermarket piping), new plug wires. the only problem that iv been having out of it is that ill be driving normal and outta nowhere itll just backfire no reason at all, so i have to shut it off and start it back up and it drives fine till it does this again, i dk whats causing it and dont want to mess around with it anymore. the heater fan is new but after a few days stopped working again ( maybe bad wiring by me lol ?). the car does need a new coupler but that expected after the miles it has. the engine runs just fine (other then the backfiring outta nowhere). i know i shouldnt say this, but my friend has an 02 eclipse gt that is a 5 speed, and there supposed to run a 14.9 1/4 mile. the xr7's are supposed to run a 15.9 1/4 mile. In a consistant 3 races/drivers i beat him by a car everytime. Both cars are basically stock. if u have any questions about this car you can call or text me at (812-498-6330) at pretty much anytime...thank you for taking the time to read this..btw im asking $600..i will send pics over phone

Last edited:
hello my name is Clint Carter from Seymour, IN. i am currently selling my 1989 xr7 with 260k miles. it is Oxford white with the red interior. it has the 5 speed tranny which i think is the M2R2 tranny. i had all the original window sticker, title, everything u could imagine until i left my window down while i went inside of wal-mart and it was gone when i came back out. it does still have the original engine (3.8 liter sc v6) brand new TRE Performance 255LPH fuel pump, and just a cone intake filter (no aftermarket piping), new plug wires. the only problem that iv been having out of it is that ill be driving normal and outta nowhere itll just backfire no reason at all, so i have to shut it off and start it back up and it drives fine till it does this again, i dk whats causing it and dont want to mess around with it anymore. the heater fan is new but after a few days stopped working again ( maybe bad wiring by me lol ?). the car does need a new coupler but that expected after the miles it has. the engine runs just fine (other then the backfiring outta nowhere). i know i shouldnt say this, but my friend has an 02 eclipse gt that is a 5 speed, and there supposed to run a 14.9 1/4 mile. the xr7's are supposed to run a 15.9 1/4 mile. In a consistant 3 races/drivers i beat him by a car everytime. Both cars are basically stock. if u have any questions about this car you can call or text me at (812-498-6330) at pretty much anytime...thank you for taking the time to read this

ASKING PRICE would be nice and a few pics...

fixed it 4u...mostly :)

• 1989 Mercury Cougar XR7 with 260k miles
  • Oxford white with red interior.
  • 5 speed tranny which i think is the M2R2
  • original engine (3.8 liter supercharged V6)
  • brand new TRE Performance 255LPH fuel pump
  • cone intake filter (no aftermarket piping)
  • new plug wires
  • heater fan is new but after a few days stopped working again ( maybe bad wiring by me lol ?)

• The only problem that I've been having out of it is that I'll be driving normal and out'ta nowhere it'll just backfire no reason at all, so I have to shut it off and start it back up and it drives fine until it does this again, I dunno whats causing it and don't want to mess around with it anymore.
  • The car does need a new coupler but that's expected after the miles it has.
  • The engine runs just fine (other then the backfiring outta nowhere).
  • I know I shouldn't say this, but my friend has an '02 Eclipse GT that is a 5 speed, and they're supposed to run a 14.9 1/4 mile. XR7s are supposed to run a 15.9 1/4 mile. In a consistent 3 races/drivers I beat him by a car every time. Both cars are basically stock.

If you have any questions about this car you can call/text me at (812-498-6330) pretty much anytime...thank you for taking the time to read this..

BTW, I'm asking $600..i will send pics over phone

Clint Carter from Seymour, IN.

I'm interested....

I'll text you for pictures, but if you could post them here (or have someone post them here) that would be a plus....

xr7

don't know where you got them stats...but a 89 xr-7 runs 1/4 mile at 15:20 stock...i ran mine brand new in 90 with 12,000 miles.
the automatics do 15:60

someone gave you bad info...15:90 is way off... coupe mods and they are in low 14's...
just to let you know...
any pics of yours?

Back