1993 Thunderbird SC odd temp issues.

Factory Wheels

So I was curious, I had purchased my SC about a month ago or so and it had some overheating issues.. tracked it to a bad IRCM. I replaced the IRCM and the bad coolant temp sensor today, and the fans finally start to turn on by themselves (they weren't before without the working IRCM), however the car waits until it gets to approx. 215 degrees before the fan turns on, where-as the car is already 3/4 the way to the red (never goes to the red, it drops down after fan kicks in).

Is there anyone who could possibly tell me if they know what is causing it to pass the normal temperature stage? I am not used to a car that has correctly working components that has such dramatic gauge readings.

I replaced the thermostat, new coolant temp sensor, IRCM, new radiator hoses.. did pressure tests on radiator and radiator cap and all are well.. could it maybe be the other coolant temp sensor that controls the gauge? maybe it's not reading correctly?

I am stumped but I am nickel and diming myself trying to figure it all out :)

Also.. anyone in the Seattle, WA area that has a set of the 16" SC wheels for sale in good condition? (random, but I need them.. so eh) :)

Thanks for reading.
I have factory 93 SC wheels I would sell 503-753-7047

Why the ~~~~ are people suddenly responding to a 5 year old thread? Pay attention people. This is why we have the potential to end up with a brother of a former prez vs a wife of a former prez running for..... Wait for it... Prez! 330 million people and this is what we came up with? A populace asleep at the wheel. Wake up.

I know this is not a political forum but really, this? Clutter.

Rant off/

Back