To-Do list for the Shootout

I think my 91 is almost ready. Fuel system upgrades are done and the driveshaft loop and 3.375 supercharger pulley are also installed. Just needs a little more dyno tuning and maybe another trip to the track.

Big thanks to Kurt K., Dave Dalke, Micah, Tony S and Mike Tuck for all the help.

David

No problem David. I'm glad my garage was a big help. I'm looking forward to finishing my junk in the next few days.

No problem David. I'm glad my garage was a big help. I'm looking forward to finishing my junk in the next few days.

Kurt,

Without the lift it would have been a real pain and very difficult to get everything fitted, plumbed and wired. The trans jack, the lift jack and other lift accesories you bought were all put to good use on my car. I've never had such an easy time dropping/reinstalling the exhaust and fuel tank.

Planning to be back at your place this afternoon to lend a hand.

David

I know I still have to put something back in my car, but I just can't remember what it is!

Don't you hate it when you have extra pieces, but don't know where they go? :)

Attachments

• 95 SC - Open.jpg
    95 SC - Open.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36
Well now I do have some stuff to do, like every one else nothing goes wrong until the last minute. I have to figureout why she won't start even though it's cranking just fine, it won't catch. I need to open up the dash AGAIN and see if the boost hose has come off the stock gauge. I have to figure out why all of a sudden she wants to stall when I stop short and I have to figure out why it seems to be a little low on boost all of a sudden. Maybe only a pound or two but I can feel it.

And of course the usual routine pre-race items; oil and filters, check the condition of the brakes and the front bushings, oh yea rip out the old LC-1 and wire up a replacement and hope that fixes that problem. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but nothing more than anyone else and a lot less than some.

Ira

I gotta say, the shootout brings out all of the club members out of woodwork. At least if not completed there was hope that the car was going to make it for most of you. And you all get one step closer to a goal you set.

Reading the posts and flurry of activity, I'm wondering if the Shootout should be moved to the spring.

For a bunch in the Northeast, this highlight of the season and the satisfaction of mechanical perfection will be followed up with six mths of checking that its still in the garage.

Oh, I forget, there's a new list to get to.

Paul

Reading the posts and flurry of activity, I'm wondering if the Shootout should be moved to the spring.

For a bunch in the Northeast, this highlight of the season and the satisfaction of mechanical perfection will be followed up with six mths of checking that its still in the garage.

Oh, I forget, there's a new list to get to.

Paul

Works best in the fall, because if we break them..we have all winter to fix them. That also works out good for people who want car parts for Christmas.

David

Back