still lurking in the basement/new motor time

Errr...nothing personal, but it sounds like a band-aid excuse to me. I hope that is the probelm, but I bet you lots-o-money that there is a problem with the build and not the torque wrench. If there WAS a problem with the torque wrench, he needs to rebuild the engine. Heads, rods, and mains are kind of important when you are talking about boost. If the HGs are loosey goosey, then what do you think your lower is going to do when you add some skinny pedal, and boost to the equasion? Don't let him tell you anything different. There is no reason not to do this now since you only have a 6 mos. warranty.

SWS
There are a lot of good points here. If the torque wrench was off when torquing the head studs, what about the mains and the rods? Was a different torque wrench used for them? Also, I would really press for a 12 month warranty, as most of the 6 months is over the winter when the car likely won't be driven.

Hopefully, everything gets ironed out.

Oh yeah. I only have his interest in mind here. I have worked with some shady people like that and have no use for them in my personal life. Compelte tear down and reseal with new gaskets is in order. When you pull the pan, don't just torque the rods and mains. Make him pull them and do it again. Only way it will be proper.

SWS

Oh yeah. I only have his interest in mind here. I have worked with some shady people like that and have no use for them in my personal life. Compelte tear down and reseal with new gaskets is in order. When you pull the pan, don't just torque the rods and mains. Make him pull them and do it again. Only way it will be proper.

SWS

I would agree with this Jason.

he used a differant torque wrench for the rest of the motor.
he ounly used the other one on the heads.
i am not worried about it. we are working on it tonight and after talking with him. we are just going to put new gasket's on.

Still curious about how many foot pounds he is planning to torque the heads and intake manifold to.

David

Sounds like a BS excuse to me.... He already screwed up the motor once... I would definitely demand a full year warranty. These things don't just "happen"

still not running and torn apart in my garage. im thinking of just parting the car out.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that.... Make the guy who built it fix the problem.... He doesn't know what he is doing, and he screwed up your car... agree on some deadlines for how long it will take for him to make things right, and if he doesn't fix it, take him to small claims court.

still not running and torn apart in my garage. im thinking of just parting the car out.

Jason,

Several people tried to warn you about using someone who isn't familiar with SC motors, but you pretty much told everyone to shut up and mind their own business. Live and learn.

David

No. He will NOT learn. He keeps making this type of excuse with everything he does.

Jason, quit throwing good money after bad and figure out what he is going to do. Then, get some money back from him and quit using people who do NOT know what they are doing.

SWS

The time you took to edit every one of your posts here would have been better spent talking to the guy that built the engine.

Other than that, best of luck in this new year.

well i finally got all my vaccum leaks fixed.
plus i get my wideband installed on friday and get the tune finished up.

i just have to fix my stock oil pressure gauge and fix my aftermarket tach.

well i finally got all my vaccum leaks fixed.
plus i get my wideband installed on friday and get the tune finished up.

i just have to fix my stock oil pressure gauge and fix my aftermarket tach.

Jason,

Good to hear it's almost running again. Does it still have that huge wing on the trunk ?

David

well i got a qh me any andy are going to tune it. i got the be and eec analyser on my laptop this stuff is pretty easy to understand even for a dummy like me. diablo gave us the big fu beacuse they didn't have time to help us. we where only 1 car we were not worth the time.

dave sent the qh itself out yesterday.

well i got a qh me any andy are going to tune it. i got the be and eec analyser on my laptop this stuff is pretty easy to understand even for a dummy like me. diablo gave us the big fu beacuse they didn't have time to help us. we where only 1 car we were not worth the time.

dave sent the qh itself out yesterday.

Good thinking!

Wondering why you waited so long yet? :p

Back