still lurking in the basement/new motor time

Nope still not tuned,plus other issues and I'm thinking about ditching this motor. Building a 347 instead of this pile of ~~~~.

If you decide to go that path, let me know. If the price is right, I may be interested in a few parts and pieces.

Nope still not tuned,plus other issues and I'm thinking about ditching this motor. Building a 347 instead of this pile of ~~~~.

But you can datalog now....and you know why your car wouldn't start...

Are you telling me that I (and others) wasted hours of Shootout time helping you with your car? Don't give up so soon...your 347 swap isn't going to be peaches and cream either. Your car is almost done!!!!

Why would you put a small block in?? Everyone knows a big block (460ci) will drop right in. I would do that in a heart beat if I was going to give up on the V6.

Ken

I agree with Matt. You received help at the Shootout. All you need is for Jim to come over and work out all the problems. Heck, let me know when you want to work on the car and I'll come over and help. Just like we did before. Just tell me when.

fan wont shut off and I suspect ircm. the o2 sensor for my wide band got cut on the trailer. have a new one coming and I got a ford neutral safety switch to have installed.
I did get the new glove box lid on and the rear shock sensors reinstalled correctly. I hope they stay on. had a hard time getting them on. rehooked up my subs the wires came unhooked some how.
have new black door panels and switch plates coming. needs ac and ball joints and valvebody for tranny sometime soon. hoping by xmas to have it mostly done and driveable.

more progress. wipers are fixed, new door panels, new ircm, new wideband sensor gets installed tonight and neutral safety switch.

then getting car dynod so I can data log it and check afr on there's to see how far off mine is.
datalog the cold start at home and driving normal on my own. then send data to dave for tune update.

well this is getting frustrating. need ac and ball joints and a alignment. car drives ok but rings are not seated so it blows the dipstick out. my wideband is toast.
so many little problems. I need to find a new job asap. I don't have money to fix all these little problems at the moment. making progress on the tuning thanks to dave.

well this is getting frustrating. need ac and ball joints and a alignment. car drives ok but rings are not seated so it blows the dipstick out. my wideband is toast.
so many little problems. I need to find a new job asap. I don't have money to fix all these little problems at the moment. making progress on the tuning thanks to dave.

To be fair, you knew about the ball joints and alignment this summer. The AC situation sucks, but it's not a daily driver... You'll get by... Rings not seated? Drive the bastard, lol.

On the wideband situation, LC-1s suck. Plain and simple. For starters, you can try doing a free air calibration on the sensor. If that doesn't work, you can get a new sensor at Autozone.

Back