Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 722

Thread: still lurking in the basement/new motor time

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ganuolfthegrey View Post
    still not running and torn apart in my garage. im thinking of just parting the car out.
    Jason,

    Several people tried to warn you about using someone who isn't familiar with SC motors, but you pretty much told everyone to shut up and mind their own business. Live and learn.

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by ganuolfthegrey View Post
    still not running and torn apart in my garage. im thinking of just parting the car out.
    From what I have seen you have put a lot in that car. If you do decide to part it out let me know I will buy the whole car from you as is and put it back together my self.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Outside KC MO
    Posts
    5,791
    No. He will NOT learn. He keeps making this type of excuse with everything he does.

    Jason, quit throwing good money after bad and figure out what he is going to do. Then, get some money back from him and quit using people who do NOT know what they are doing.

    SWS

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
    Posts
    121
    The time you took to edit every one of your posts here would have been better spent talking to the guy that built the engine.

    Other than that, best of luck in this new year.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    1,400
    well i finally got all my vaccum leaks fixed.
    plus i get my wideband installed on friday and get the tune finished up.

    i just have to fix my stock oil pressure gauge and fix my aftermarket tach.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    20,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ganuolfthegrey View Post
    well i finally got all my vaccum leaks fixed.
    plus i get my wideband installed on friday and get the tune finished up.

    i just have to fix my stock oil pressure gauge and fix my aftermarket tach.
    Jason,

    Good to hear it's almost running again. Does it still have that huge wing on the trunk ?

    David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

    My Garage

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    1,400
    well i got the gauge it self hooked up. he's doing the lc1 half and weld my bung. yes the wing is still on it.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    1,400
    well i got a qh me any andy are going to tune it. i got the be and eec analyser on my laptop this stuff is pretty easy to understand even for a dummy like me. diablo gave us the big fu beacuse they didn't have time to help us. we where only 1 car we were not worth the time.

    dave sent the qh itself out yesterday.

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    1,141
    So the question still is when are you going to have your car back form the shop?

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ganuolfthegrey View Post
    well i got a qh me any andy are going to tune it. i got the be and eec analyser on my laptop this stuff is pretty easy to understand even for a dummy like me. diablo gave us the big fu beacuse they didn't have time to help us. we where only 1 car we were not worth the time.

    dave sent the qh itself out yesterday.
    Good thinking!

    Wondering why you waited so long yet?
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    1,400
    money mainly and wating on too see what or if he could get diablo working first.sence i had already paid 250 for it long time ago. I will be getting some money back know. I let him look at the qh stuff today and said it should be easy to do. not mutch of a learning curve for him. I got a base tune from dave to work off of.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    1,141
    So when is your qh1 showing up?

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Greenville, IN
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by ganuolfthegrey View Post
    money mainly and wating on too see what or if he could get diablo working first.sence i had already paid 250 for it long time ago. I will be getting some money back know. I let him look at the qh stuff today and said it should be easy to do. not mutch of a learning curve for him. I got a base tune from dave to work off of.
    Cool
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southwest of Kansas City
    Posts
    2,270
    It can't be, hell must be finally freezing over.
    Jim, SCCoA Member#: 2789

    "cuz Jim has mad skillz, yo!" Melon.
    "You guys crack me up talking about nitrous when you don't even know if you can keep it together on gasoline." XR7 Dave
    "I didn't break it, I found it's weakness."

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    1,141
    I still think I will have mine installed first.

Similar Threads

  1. there is a big thing lurking in my basement
    By ganuolfthegrey in forum Super Coupe Club of the Midwest
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
  2. New member but have been lurking for a while.
    By 89xr7-sc in forum New SC Owner Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
  3. alex I know your out there lurking
    By mannysc in forum Super Coupe Club of Southern California
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-17-2002, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •