Craftsman/Sears

bowez

Yes I'm in a &^(&!_&_!*@!@ mood.

A torque wrench that I purchased some time ago has had the ratchet head fail. When I went to my local Sear's store they refused to exchange or repair it, even in light of the Warranty Information Posted on Craftsman.com.
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/nb_10155_12602_NB_CSwarranty?adCell=WF

Stating that Torque wrenches are not covered--even though they are not excluded and are listed as a hand tool. http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...word=torque&prdNo=11&blockNo=11&blockType=L11

A mail that I sent to them today, so if they don't replace/repair it tomorrow, may I ask that everyone do two things.

1) Don't shop at Sears again

2) Take all your Craftsman tools back for warranty exchange.

Their torque wrenches clearly state the one year warranty right on top of the package in very plain view. Just becuase it says Craftsman it does not imply a lifetime warranty.

when i went in to get mine repaired they gave me the ratchet head replacement kit and i had to do it myself as it wasnt "under warrenty" but they gave me the kit for free and it took only a few mins to fix

Their torque wrenches clearly state the one year warranty right on top of the package in very plain view. Just becuase it says Craftsman it does not imply a lifetime warranty.

Though the WEBSITE clearly states that a Torque wrench is a hand tool and as a function of that it is covered under the lifetime warranty. There are no exclusion listed that pertain to torque wrenches or "other exclusions may apply".

You get what you pay for...

Sorry for the luck man, I usually buy snap on or blue point (made by snap on but under a lower name brand).

Yeah, the days of beating the crap out of Craftsman tools and getting a free new one are long gone. Sears spent too much on a Nascar Truck Series...... Most of my tools are Snapon and Mac or Matco.....but for what I spent on them and the Quad-bay Toolbox they reside in, I could have had another house. So, I dont tell people to do what I did....

Yeah, the days of beating the crap out of Craftsman tools and getting a free new one are long gone. Sears spent too much on a Nascar Truck Series...... Most of my tools are Snapon and Mac or Matco.....but for what I spent on them and the Quad-bay Toolbox they reside in, I could have had another house. So, I dont tell people to do what I did....

I got sick of all the Craftsman ratchets slipping and busting my knuckles, so they were all replaced with nice cushion grip Snap On ratchets.

Where I work we have in house calibration for ISO. we are specifically told never to use a torque wrench to loosen anything. They say it will bring it out of calibration and mess with the parts. I can see where sears is coming from.

When I worked at sears back in eary 2000 while going to college it was same policy back then, torque wrench, and there are others are only covered for 1 year. i think its the same with tool boxes. one year warranty.

your best bet is to calm down and go in and talk to a store department manager. tell him that you purchase alot of craftsman tools and this one failed. calmly ask him what your options are and then calmly tell him if this isnt resolved you will no longer shop in there store. i bet hill give you a new one.

trust me threatning them wont do any good. unless you can speak chineese.... (because thats where its most likely built.)

The quality of Sears tools have gotten really poor, and so has their service. I will not use them anymore.
I had to bring back two rachets 3x in a few months due to normal use, and told them nicely that I'd not return them a fourth time if they broke again. They didn't care at all and, yes, I was talking to the monager as well. So less than a month later both were broken again so I bought some elsewhere and have not had an issue at all since this happened a bit over a year ago+...
My .02 fwiw...

When I worked at sears back in eary 2000 while going to college it was same policy back then, torque wrench, and there are others are only covered for 1 year. i think its the same with tool boxes. one year warranty.

your best bet is to calm down and go in and talk to a store department manager. tell him that you purchase alot of craftsman tools and this one failed. calmly ask him what your options are and then calmly tell him if this isnt resolved you will no longer shop in there store. i bet hill give you a new one.

trust me threatning them wont do any good. unless you can speak chineese.... (because thats where its most likely built.)

I have and he basically said go *(## off.

I worked retail for 7 years so I know the drill--that is why I walked in with the warranty statement that is posted on the website.

Back