November 7th Fall KYhorsepower shootout

ScrapSC

If for some reason you cant make the SC/XR7 shootout, or if you want to just join us for a day of racing, come on down. Lots of fast cars and people that enjoy seeing Tbird SC's mixed in with the Mustang and Camaro crowd.

Attachments

• kyhorsepower shootout.jpg
    kyhorsepower shootout.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 222
Mountain Park Dragway:D

Seriously though, it is in Clay City, KY.

Since I was recently told to reschedule the project I have been planning for 4 months to occur on November 6th, I might be available to make this. Maybe I can drag another STL person with me if I go. Although I will be out of vacation by then since I started a new job in June, so it may not be possible.

Last edited:
would be great to see you come out

Yep it is in Clay City, Kentucky. It is about 30 minutes from Lexington and around 45 minutes from Georgetown where I am located. Would be great to see you and the other fella from St. Louis that weekend. It is a fun time and there are some really nice fast cars that come out to it.

I don't think we have anything planned for those dates, so I think Kathy and I will be able to attend. We can talk more about it at the Shootout.

Hotels in the area ?

David

There plenty of options in both Lexington and Georgetown. Georgetown is 15 minutes outside of Lexington on I-75 and there are plenty in Lexington around I-64. We can talk about it more at the shootout and see what you would prefer.

You better bring that hunk down!!! LOL I have heard some fellas from Tennessee talk about coming in the past. Hmmmmmm ;)

Working on it

Maybe that other Tennessee fella, Smitty, will head north to meet us there.

I'm working on it. Still have that very annoying stumble when I punch the throttle, so I don't know what is going on there. I need to get back to those 12:60's I had, so this latest build isn't such a let down.

Any ideas what would be causing a initial stumble off the line when I nail the gas? After I get going 20-20 mph I can mash it down with no issues, but the initial launch it just dies, then tried to wake up, then its too late.

Looking to make this myself as it will be the last one for the year for me as well.

Keep your finger crossed.

Smitty

got any way to log it to see what is going on??? Didnt know if you got to put it on the dyno or not. I know that some are having issues when running alcohol injection that there is a need to rev it a couple times to clear it out after the burn out. Neibert had that issue with his car on the initial hit.

Back