November 7th Fall KYhorsepower shootout

That too.....

got any way to log it to see what is going on??? Didnt know if you got to put it on the dyno or not. QUOTE]

Working on getting the 1/4 horse and asociated stuff by the time I get to your place.

Dyno only showed I had a bad miss above 4000 rpms, never an initial stumble cause I was already going over 55 mph when jeff nailed the gas and it started to miss in the higher RPM's

I never get into the alcohol injection during the burnout, actually it never goes into boost during the burnout, so no I don't think that is the issue. besides I did try clearing it out after the burnout on one of the runs, and it made no difference at all.

I know it is long overdue to get my own stuff to tune and make adjustments myself, so that is what i am working on. I just need to know exactly what I need to purchase to make it happen. I know I will be going with the quarterhorse for monitoring the ecu and such, but need to get accessories to monitor boost and AFR as well, those are what I am a little confused about getting and how it all ties together, so I can see it/monitor it on the dashboard.

I understand the Quarterhorse sees whats going on in the ECU, but boost and AFR are not in the ecu to monitor as far as I understand, so what other items are needed to log those parameters and tie them all into the laptop to log and make changes with?

The computer part doesn't bother me I work on comouters all day for a living so that part I am confortable with, just the inital hook-ups and what i will need to do it right the first time around.

Smitty

The QH is a must and then you will need the definition files from Dalke for your year car. BE will also need to be purchased from Clint at Moates. The next thing I got was an LC-1 to log my wideband. BE has a place to check in it to show you are running Innovate stuff and it hooks up through a USB spot with a DB9-USB converter. BE will then read your A/F and any other, up to 32 bytes/bits, that you choose. The boost is up in the air with a 3 bar map and hooking it up through the EGR so that you can log it through BE and the Quarterhorse. What I have is an Auxbox that has the boost built in and I can then piggy back it with the LC-1 (A/F) and log it in BE also.... The biggie is that the definition files are specific to the years of the cars.

Didnt think of that. Dan did have an issue on his truck that sounded like this due to a dirty MAF

That is quite a pinch you're putting on me to get this 97 rolling, who's coming to show me how to use this quarter horse?
Alan

I just got mine up and running this past weekend. Got to where I can data log and found out how to add/subtract spark. If Zimmer shows up I am sure we can muddle through it.

I'ma gonna try an make it thats for sure. 2 heads or more looking at a BE is sometimes a good thing.

I understand the Quarterhorse sees whats going on in the ECU, but boost and AFR are not in the ecu to monitor as far as I understand, so what other items are needed to log those parameters and tie them all into the laptop to log and make changes with?

Smitty,

You need a wideband o2 for logging A/F ratio and you need the 3 bar MAP sensor for logging boost.

I'm finally doing the same stuff to my 91 SC. I've already got the QH chip in the car, downloaded and purchased license for Binary editor and currently waiting for registration key to upload the definition file I got from Dave D.

Once that is done I need to install the Innovative LC-1 wideband o2 and upload the Innovative software including logworks or something like that. Then I could actually begin tuning (if I knew how). I also ordered a digital wideband display gauge from Innovative and I'm thinking seriously about getting the Innovative 3 bar map sensor for logging boost.

I think you will also need to purchase or upgrade the license to use the Innovative wideband with BE software.

David

Last edited:
David,

You won't need logworks for the just the wideband, you are going to want LiveLink from SCT to view your datalogs but its no longer available for free download from their site. I could try to email you a copy. I'd see if someone has it locally you can make a copy from. I am in process of installing my Innovate MAP sensor to log boost, looks to be a pretty simple install. Your were allowed to choose one datalogger which you should have picked for the brand of wideband (Innovate) you have.

David,

You won't need logworks for the just the wideband, you are going to want LiveLink from SCT to view your datalogs but its no longer available for free download from their site. I could try to email you a copy. I'd see if someone has it locally you can make a copy from. I am in process of installing my Innovate MAP sensor to log boost, looks to be a pretty simple install. Your were allowed to choose one datalogger which you should have picked for the brand of wideband (Innovate) you have.

Ryan,

If you could mail me a copy of the LiveLink software that would be great. I thought that was all part of the BE software. My email address is dneibert@att.net

Thanks, David

BE will put the datalogs out in Excel only, LiveLink lets you play back the entire datalog using gauges and line graphs. I'll try to send it tonite, but the file maybe to large, 38MB sounds like the size.

You can download a LogWorks file converter which allows you to view datalogs in LogWorks. My duty cycle only shows up in LW so I use it to view the duty cycle. LiveLink is the best way to go.

You know i will be there with Dan and Sally! Look forward to hanging out with you guys again! Let know what day you are coming down. I have a buddy that just got a new mustang dyno I could get setup for on Saturday.

Back