My SC may be Dead

1lone95SC

My SC may be dead. She was involved in a TA yesterday. I was cut off by a woman in a Mercedes SUV and swerved to miss her
and hit a deep puddle of water and hydroplaned and hit the guardrail. I think that she might be totalled cause both airbags are blown. I will keep everyone informed. Dale

'guard' rail

I have seen accidents with guard rails cause minor fender damage all the way to in-car intrusion and death. Tell us specifically what damage you incurred, and we may be able to provide insight about the viability for repair. The airbags are insignificant, they can go off under any number of variables.

It seems like a lot of SUVs have been causing accidents recently :mad:

Just Cosmetic

Its just cosmetic damage plus airbags. basically headlights, side markers, and bumper and all the stuff behind the bumper. Dale

Sorry to hear that Dale. Where are you located in Virginia? I am very close to Bristol on the Tennessee border. Maybe I can help you find another SC if yours is totalled.:(

Yeah Im in Front Royal,Va

I have family in Abingdon,Va. That would be greatly appreciated. If she is I really want another 94-95 SC preferably in a 5spd. I will let you know what happens when the insurance adjuster comes to estimate her. Thanks Dale.

Cool Dale!

Keep me posted! I have not found any '95's in the area, but I do know where to find some '89-'91's really cheap!:D

Sorry to hear about it, Dale.

If it's totalled,
I would buy back the salvage from the ins co.
Even if you don't rebuild it,
it would at least provide a ton of rare 95 parts for your next SC,
or to sell, and keep others on the road.

I have done this,
and it's well worthwhile to retain the salvage car.

Back