Best Supercharger?

and you must still be living in the 90's if you think 400whp isnt mediocre. around here if youre running 12's youre slow. 13's and youre a waste of time. i do what i can when i can. my car does run, i need a larger maf as my stock one is maxed out. if you think i dont work on my car and that im some e-racer, youre mistaken. my car does have potential, just not with a blower. a turbo would put me where i want this car to be. 500+hp and a ten second pass. anything less is childs play.

Where are you running in South Florida? I'd like to watch you make a pass at Countyline, Moroso - aka Palm Beach International Raceway, or out on 27.

Are you working at a dealership nearby?

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Some people really are off better owning a different platform.

That's right, there are so many people that come on here thinking that they will make big power with 3.8L on limited budgets and parts.

There are so many engines and platforms that are more user friendly and cost efficient to modify.

This is why I have an SC and a mustang

Maybe you should stop internet racing and actually build something fast. :confused: You won't be the first in a long line of people who threw money at a car and were disappointed. It's not "these cars" or "those cars", it's physics and science. There are no documented 400+rwhp M90 cars. Never have been, and there have been some very smart people building SC's over the years.

But there have been a few 11 second M90 SC's. None of the owners of such cars came on the internet and whined about their car's potential. No, they were out in the shop, or out in the garage, working on things making their cars RUN. If you think low 12's or high 11's is mediocre than you are living in another reality. Those who have run low 12's or high 11's have worked very hard on their cars and spent money when they needed to. Don't just assume that you can automatically do the same because you want to.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many nights in the garage and building a car from bumper to bumper to have something different really makes you appreciate results when they finally come around. Its not easy and as Dave knows I have been through a lot of crap with my car!!!!!!

wait..what am I thinking?!? forget superchargers, turbo charge your motor and you will have 400whp instantly..literally.

a .60 or a .70 trim turbo will get you 400whp on 10-12lbs of boost. stock heads and cam.

My friend is into v6's too, he turboed his mustang with a MP .70 turbo with 10-12lbs on a stock 130k mile N/A motor and is putting down 400whp.

but I love the instant torque of the roots blowers :D

I know turbo's can make alot of HP, but where in the heck would you fit one in on our SC's? Real Estate is at a minimum and I think heat would be a factor... Anyone who has done this got any pics?

Chris Wise "slapped a turbo" on his SC and made 500 RWHP. But he had a lot of other parts in place. Just assuming you have a recipe to do the same, the reality remains that you took a 210HP motor and now tripled it's output. It is highly likely that you will break parts and/or be burdened with a bucket full of annoying issues until you throw enough money/time at it to fix them all.

Just take a look at any popular hotrod out there and ask who is tripling the HP the easy way? It all looks easy when you just see the cars running and take a quick scan of the parts in place, but it's never easy.

As for the other faster cars out there....I'm well aware that 12's aren't considered "fast" in certain areas. But the beauty to me is doing it in a car that no one else "in your area" is doing it to. You'll get a lot more attention running 12's in a 3.8L SC than a Mustang GT almost everywhere. I would rather be unique and running 12's than going 11's in a average car. Well, I take that back...if I had an 11 sec Challenger that would be cool.

Back