SC Shootout Dyno Competition

Don't count on that. We have some M90 big dogs. Not everyone is a turncoat. :eek:

Can you post who is competing in the dyno competition and what class, if you know that. That would be an interesting list. Might even start some betting:rolleyes:

Ken

I'll take the Friday 1:30 spot but I can do any of the later times if needed. I didn't check the dyno competition block when I registered so if there's anything else I need to do let me know.

I'll probably be there for most of the day observing anyway so I'll take whatever afternoon slot is available. Doesn't matter to me when as long as it isn't in the morning.

Ira

I'll probably be there for most of the day observing anyway so I'll take whatever afternoon slot is available. Doesn't matter to me when as long as it isn't in the morning.

Ira

Ira you dont want that Fresh cool morning air. :D

Ira you dont want that Fresh cool morning air. :D

Thur Sept 30 Xenia OH
overnight low of 46°
humidity 70%
which means we wake up Fri to damp and dew covered cars.

Fri Oct 1st Xenia OH
Sunny and clear high 70°
chance of precipitation 0%
humidity 70%
by lunch time we will have burned off all of the overnight dew
and should have a sunny clear afternoon.

I can live with 70° and little to no moisture ;) :D

...besides, I don't expect to be setting the world on fire this year or even be very competitive actually. too many new participants with powerful new mods for us old has-beens. but I am expected to show up so I will.

Oh yea, and I'd rather sleep late ;)

Ira

dave started driving the car around today.
first gear if you mash it at all it bog's real bad then takes off. about 15 sec delay. I think it's geting to mutch fuel down low and this is with the meth kit turned off. auto trans

I still havent counted myself out yet....Tomorrow is Dday

What can we do to help? I have to work but if you need to bring the car around tonight or tomorrow night I'll be home. And the garage in Ronkonkama has room for a car in it now and lots of spare parts lying around.

Ira

Last edited:
If we can reserve a time for Saturday then I'd like the 10am slot.

Keith,

Normally on Saturday it's first come, first serve. I'm planning to be there around 9:00 AM to get the coldest air. Really depends on how late I'm out in the parking lot Friday night ;)

David

PS: Sucks that you only have to go up against other M90 cars, and I've got to compete with those darn turbo SCs.

David

I'm thinking the hard part will be Sunday.

Sitting on the line for an extra second to avoid the Outlaw Class or remembering to pull the fuse on your brake lights.

Paul

David

I'm thinking the hard part will be Sunday.

Sitting on the line for an extra second to avoid the Outlaw Class or remembering to pull the fuse on your brake lights.

Paul

Paul,

Sunday is going to be hard, because I have no idea how it's going to run. My last trip to the track, yeilded a 12.2 @ 113, followed by a 20.6 @ 113 and a final run of 11.9 @ 117. I'm having difficulty getting it to come off the starting line as strong as it should. Hope the new plugs I just installed and revving the motor a few times after doing the burnout will help. Guess I'll find out next week.

David

Keith,

Normally on Saturday it's first come, first serve. I'm planning to be there around 9:00 AM to get the coldest air. Really depends on how late I'm out in the parking lot Friday night ;)

PS: Sucks that you only have to go up against other M90 cars, and I've got to compete with those darn turbo SCs.

Well, I guess I'll be on the road early to either be in front or right behind you in line..............:D

All I can say is.................lucky me....................:p

I'll be an early one Saturday also, need to do some checks/adjustments to see if the new feed line and hard wired pump will supply the fuel I need or Mod 3 here I come :rolleyes: for sure.

Back