Shootout special 11&1/4 modified converter for 94/95 cars

Dirtyd0g

I have 5 ready to go units, will be delivered to the shootout.
First come first serve, if you want one held for you you need to get ahold of me. These units will require use of a markVIII flexplate that I am currently out of stock on. They can be found cheaply and easily on car-part.com in your local area.
Converter specifications are
11&1/4 diameter
Furnace brazed halves, Torrington bearing on thrust side of stator, Solid rivets on turbine hub, premium high carbon/graphite friction lining nearly doubling OEM friction size, Fully machine welded, leak tested at 100PSI, Balanced within 2 grams.
These make the perfect converter for most any supercoupe. Normal price is $375 plus core, these are going for $300 with no core required.
If you need installation before or after the shootout it can be arranged for $300 plus fluid.
Alan

Stall speed will vary on input torque, gear ratio and tire size. The average is 2600-2800. Heavily modified cars I have seen go to 3200 on the foot brake. True stall (transbrake)is considerably higher.
Alan

Stall speed will vary on input torque, gear ratio and tire size. The average is 2600-2800. Heavily modified cars I have seen go to 3200 on the foot brake. True stall (transbrake)is considerably higher.
Alan

I'm currently using a Mach1 torque converter.
My current setup is making 425rwtq at 3200rpms, 3.73 gears and 26.5" tires.
A Transbrake is off in the far distant future. :(

This converter is the same as a mach1 converter except it has a thrust bearing, and a better clutch not to mention a 200-400rpm stall increase.
I do give discounts for return of 11&1/4 cores.
$35 for round lug pre96 units. $50 for rectangle lug 96-02 units. $75 for marauder,Mach1 and 03/04 furnace brazed units (green paint dot) and $85 for 04 marauder units with the bearing setup already in them. I can identify any of these units without opening them up.
Alan

Back