2010 Shootout-Just got back

I just got home from a one day trip to the Shootout for the car show portion of the event. It was great to go to a show where I didn't have the only SC. I was like a kid in a candy store. I enjoyed seeing all the mods people have done to their SCs, XR7s, and Mark VIIIs. There were lots of beautiful cars. With the exception of one inconsiderate young SC owner, who will remain nameless, it was a very inviting and friendly atmosphere. I wish I could have stayed longer. Unfortunately, my schedule was at the mercy of the friend whose trailer I was using. I had to leave long before the awards so I have no idea who placed. Congrats, though, to the winners.
I had a great time. Even my young friend, who's not really in the SC scene, had a lot of fun. She's looking forward to next year.
I hope the weather is favorable for those who are staying for the drags on Sunday.
I'll try to post some of the pictures I took as soon as I upload them from my camera.

I'm almost positive you won a Car Show award. Connie Dalke is probably the person holding your trophy. You can contact her at the email address listed on the Shootout website.

BTW, your car was awesome. I was especially impressed by how clean the bottom of the car was.

David

Just got home at 5:00pm.

Drive went well and I even found a nice new spare tire for my trailer on the side of the road!!!:p

Just got home about an hour ago. I think I'll unload my trailer tomorrow.

Get pictures Norm and great looking car.

Can't speak for Micah. but I filled the crankcase with Lucas Jello and was able to get home with it not sounding any worse than it did at the track.....still holding out hope for a bent pushrod or rockerarm but to be honest it sounds much deeper in the engine than that...we will see during the teardown and inspection...oh well bigger and stronger for next Shootout.At this rate I'm never going to get the mechanicals done enough to start on the body and paint......Dan

haha, the good ole' lucas. Sold me a few cars that way....I mean did I type that out loud?

Thanks for the compliments, guys. They mean a lot, especially from you guys.

It was kinda funny. At the show, I was keeping a close eye on the weather. When it got near, I turned the car around and loaded it in the "enclosed" trailer. Did you notice those quotation marks? A couple of minutes later, it started raining. I closed the doors and hung out a while. Eventually, I went back into the trailer to tie the car down and the car was wet. I thought...what the ****? Since I typed 4 asterisks, I want to make it clear that I said **** and not ****. :) Apparently, the roof vent had no cover over it. Well, that explained why it got so dusty on the way to the show. At least I brought my car cover. I guess I can't complain too much. Things could have been a lot worse. I know I was lucky to have been able to borrow that trailer.

I still wish I could have stayed. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
Just got home at 5:00pm.

I even found a nice new spare tire for my trailer on the side of the road!!!:p

If you found it where I think I lost it then boy you need a new GPS badly. :eek: or you followed me home and and waited for it to fall off!! LOL

It was great to work with you guys this year and really enjoyed the company throughout the weekend.

James & Dawn

I didn't think such an example of an SC existed that is as clean as your SC. It literally looked like it was assembled new the day before the event. Not even the SC there with 16k on it was that clean. Congrats indeed for all the hard work and the well deserved awards!

Shane

Thanks Shane. Sorry about the cut-off phone call the other day. I could hear you, you couldn't hear me. I have an internet phone and my modem flaked out on me.

Hey that's cool Norm. I figured you were on a cordless phone and the battery died lol. Have fun at the car show this weekend.

Shane

Back