Gonna try my luck tonight

Awesome job Chris. See ya had Hoosier's on the front, just curious what was on the back? Looked like Mickey T's but couldn't really tell.

Awesome job Chris. See ya had Hoosier's on the front, just curious what was on the back? Looked like Mickey T's but couldn't really tell.

Thanks again guys.

Yeah they are MT et streets. When I get the wheels I want they'll all be hoosiers.:)

They are actually a buddy's of mine he wrecked is car with my wheels so I'm using his.;)

Dave, the 2 step on Dad's Marauder is good for .1, .05 in the 60'. Not sure what the boost is on his car when up on it tho and no way to find out right now.:(

Thanks again guys.

Yeah they are MT et streets. When I get the wheels I want they'll all be hoosiers.:)

They are actually a buddy's of mine he wrecked is car with my wheels so I'm using his.;)

Dave, the 2 step on Dad's Marauder is good for .1, .05 in the 60'. Not sure what the boost is on his car when up on it tho and no way to find out right now.:(

Im assuming the engine is totaled again in your dad's car? Need a better blower and less bottle. It will live much longer as im sure you know. Especially as much as you two run them....Sorry to hear that...It is impressive though....just ask the Pinks crew.

Im assuming the engine is totaled again in your dad's car? Need a better blower and less bottle. It will live much longer as im sure you know. Especially as much as you two run them....Sorry to hear that...It is impressive though....just ask the Pinks crew.

You mean like this?:)

Attachments

• 2.3Whip.jpg
    2.3Whip.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 54
Too bad I didn't get it on before the motor got wrecked. Who knows if he's gonna even play next year.:confused:

Got my 4k stall in the car. Can footbrake it to 2200 before it starts pushing. Can get the 2 step up to 2k at 5psi boost till it starts grabbing and getting jerky.

David, on the foot brake at 2200 rpm i am just about at 0 vacuum/boost, on the 2 step in neutral with the gas matted the boost gets to >10, in drive on the 2 step at 2k rpm I can get the boost to 5psi. I will try the footbrake and 2 step and see what the difference is in the 60's, 330's with it in boost and not on launch.

Going to the track sunday to test her out.

Well, I'm not real happy with that 2000-2200 crap. :rolleyes: But we'll see what it does coming off the two step on the track. If it flashes upward coming out of the hole then its all good considering it has built some boost and would likely build more.

Guess time will tell. :)

Got my 4k stall in the car. Can footbrake it to 2200 before it starts pushing. Can get the 2 step up to 2k at 5psi boost till it starts grabbing and getting jerky.

David, on the foot brake at 2200 rpm i am just about at 0 vacuum/boost, on the 2 step in neutral with the gas matted the boost gets to >10, in drive on the 2 step at 2k rpm I can get the boost to 5psi. I will try the footbrake and 2 step and see what the difference is in the 60's, 330's with it in boost and not on launch.

I'm not really understanding why it makes more boost at the same rpms on the two step vs. off the two step, but it sure does sound like it would launch harder. I'm kind of surprised that you can only footbrake to 2200 with a 4000 stall, because I think Kurt K can footbrake his to 2500-2800 and his is supposed to be around 3500 stall.

Looking forward to hearing your results.

David

PS: I'll be installing the new Dirtydog 3500 stall converter I won at the Shootout in my 91 this winter.

Something is wrong with your transmission. Did you tell Alan how it the converter stays locked 100% of the time after you shift out of 1st gear? I think you should be able to foot brake that converter to at least 2800-3000rpm. I believe Kurt's will go at least that high.

Something is wrong with your transmission. Did you tell Alan how it the converter stays locked 100% of the time after you shift out of 1st gear? I think you should be able to foot brake that converter to at least 2800-3000rpm. I believe Kurt's will go at least that high.

Yeah, I asked him. He said its impossible for it to be locked in first. Said it could be a lazy solenoid. Also said something about bigger cooler lines. Need to get back with him about that.

We'll see what it does this weekend. Then I'll get under there and make a mess pulling the pan. Replace the solenoids check the wires and see about new cooler lines. Then get a pan with a drain on it so I don't make anymore messes when I gotta go back in it.

I can easily hold 3000 rpm without pushing the car.

Yeah, I asked him. He said its impossible for it to be locked in first. Said it could be a lazy solenoid. Also said something about bigger cooler lines. Need to get back with him about that.

We'll see what it does this weekend. Then I'll get under there and make a mess pulling the pan. Replace the solenoids check the wires and see about new cooler lines. Then get a pan with a drain on it so I don't make anymore messes when I gotta go back in it.

I know it doesn't lock in 1st, but you have something wrong with your transmission. Your converter stays locked up in all gears (2-4), including during shifts. This is also not supposed to be possible either.

Back